Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,714 Posts
Well --- maybe we've found the problem.

The transmission cannot behave normally if the VSS is screwed up.

If the VSS is screwed up, a couple of signs are (beside the transmission not wanting to co-operate) is the Cruise Control is inop as is the speedo/odometer.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,714 Posts
No it does not work and I have put a new lever on my to
"put a new lever on my to"

I don't really want to know where your "to" is because I don't know you all that well --- and I'm gonna go 'way out on a limb here and ask if you are using Google Translate because you don't appear to really speak English at all --- right?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
By some chance do you happen to have one of those low cost Bluetooth OBD2 dongles??

Like this:

Yea but I'm use a high dollar snap on scanner

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yea but I'm use a high dollar snap on scanner
Will your high dollar scanner record ALL message traffic on the class 2 serial bus and display it for you?

Can you see the messages sent to the cluster telling it where to display the indicator bar under the PRND321 display??

It looks like this. I have highlighted the messages from my PCM telling the cluster what to display and the cluster reporting it has done what it was told to do.

Font Parallel Electric blue Number Pattern

This right here would tell you if the cluster is at fault or is simply doing what it has been instructed to do.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
And by no small coincidence the speedometer is also controlled in much the same manner. Here is a snippet showing the messages (highlighted) that instruct the cluster what to display on the speedometer.

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Circle

In this example the message "88 29 10 02 33 FB 03" at 11:42:15.061 is the PCM reporting the current speed to be 103.96 kmh which is approximately 64.56 mph.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,251 Posts
If you have a youtube account, load it there and then post the link to it here.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
That's what mine does when im driving.
Understood. What I am trying to convey here is that with a cheap little bluetooth dongle, plus a free android app, and some instructions from me we can determine if the cluster is being told to do this by the TCM/PCM, or is it something flaky in the cluster itself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I put a new cluster on and it still acting dumb. My rear wiper starts going when my truck doing that shift crap. Last night it seemed to me it was trying to go in park and reverse while driving it was making a weird sound.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,714 Posts
OK --- I'm backing outta here for a while 'cause clarity is missing in your statements. Perhaps someone else can figger out your syntax, but it's Greek to me ...................

21 - 39 of 39 Posts