Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the nut that you need to take off in order to replace the front hub on an '02 Envoy? Going to start this project tomorrow, and i just wanted to make sure I had the right size sockets available. Thanks for the info!!

BTW, love the site, very informative!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal, thanks a ton!! Noticed the front bearing going, so figured this weekend would be a good time to change it out. I'm just glad that the bearing lasted until now since it is going to be semi-warm outside, and not bitter cold.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
71 Posts
35mm deep socket
Why, oh why does it have to be that size? I just went to 4 places and none of them carry one that size. They have 34s and 36s, but no 35s. The 4th place was able to order me one, but it won't be in until Monday. Was hoping to replace the hub today. :(

Sears has 1 online for $15, guess I'll order from there.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
1 3/8 6 point should fit fine.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
went to find a 35mm at NAPA. No luck, they did however tell me a 36mm works fine. I tried it. It worked.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
I will be changing my passenger side halfshaft this weekend. I ran into the same problem trying to procure a 35 mm socket... Started out @ Autozone and they had the 34 mm for $13.99 & 36 mm for $19.99 (no 35 mm left in stock), went to Lowe's but had no luck there, Home Depot was the same story, Sears didn't have anything close, called Napa and they had a 36 mm for $24.99, I ended up just going back to Autozone and picked up the 36 mm 1/2" drive 6 point deep socket. So I should be ready to go... Oh and I test fitted the 36 mm socket in the Autozone parking lot and it should work just fine, as long as it's not corroded on there and I hit it w/ a little PB Blaster beforehand.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
IIRC the first time I removed mine with a 36mm and it went back on and torqued fine. I later found the 35mm and went :duh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Just had to take mine off yesterday for a wheel bearing replacement. Napa has an axle nut repair kit that has four sockets including a 36mm that also worked for me and the best thing is that it's a rental. Just use a card for them to put a temporary charge on and they'll refund it when you bring it back.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
303 Posts
I changed mine last week. Bought a 2ft 1/2" drive breaker bar and the 35mm socket at Autozone for a whopping $10. Of course, it helped that I had my Autozone Rewards $20 discount. I was pleased, to say the least.

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
75 Posts
I ordered a 35 mm deep impact socket off Amazon based on this thread and it did not fit. I suggest just getting the 36 mm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts