Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning my 4wd trailblazer into an SS clone, I have just ordered a set of used SS rims and am going to buy a set of 255/50/20 tires to mount on them, How are they in the winter?? If there are decent, I may sell the original 17" tires and rims to help offset the cost of the upgrade.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
181 Posts
I just (3 wks ago) changed from the stock RSA's to some new Nitto 420s.

I ran the RSAs through two winters, without one hitch. They're not the best snow tires, but they're adequate. The AWD system does a great job, when it's needed. I've never had any ice buildup, either.

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
I ran mine through 2 No. Illinois winters and no major issues with the rubber. My only concern would be is that some of the SS rims did not get a good clear coat from the factory and I know that mine developed white lines under the clear coat that could not be polished. :hissy: I assume that part of this was due to driving in the cold/salty conditions.

I rectified the problem by moving to So. California permanently, and then finding a dealer that would cover the stripping and re-clear coating under warranty. :woohoo:

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
9,847 Posts
Thanks for the reply
Are you running the 255 50 r20 Goodyear Eagle RSA??
Is your SS AWD??
Do you have problems with ice buildup inside your wheels??
Yes, I have the 255/50R20 RSA. This is the first replacement set. (the OEM lasted 45,000 miles) And yes, my SS is AWD.
I have not noticed any build-up in my rims. The only problem I have had (in snow) is bottoming out. This is not a tire or rim issue, but rather ground clearance issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.