Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the AWD have posi up front? And if it doesn't, does anyone know of a company that makes a posi unit for the front differential on the AWD?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
i mean correct me if i'm wrong but i've been in off road trucks with a posi/ locking front diff and everytime you turned you felt a jerking from the tires.As far as I have read on the SS the awd was designed for onroad and mabye some dirt roads. And i would think posi in the front would really wear the tires down faster than normal.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
BLK60SS said:
Does the AWD have posi up front? And if it doesn't, does anyone know of a company that makes a posi unit for the front differential on the AWD?
No, Im pretty sure that none of the TB/Voy variants have a posi unit, and I dont even know if they are made in our size. Might have to go custom, which in the front would not be worth the trouble as the driveshaft goes through the oil pan.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm certainly not thinking in terms of off roading in the SS. More like...power to all 4 wheels simultaneously at the strip. As far as I can tell, power is split evenly among the rears but up front power is switched side to side to which ever wheel as grip and that produces torque steer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts