Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im new to owning a 4wd vehicle. So I don't know exactly everything about the whole system. But, like the title said. Ill put it in neutral and try to switch it into 4wd(it goes for all posistions) and I hear it engage, but the 2wd still stays on and 4wd is still flashing but the service light stays on until I shut it off and start up again. I have no problems switching back to 2wd. Any ideas on what it might be? thanks

2005 Trailblazer LS 92k miles

(its only the posistion I switch too light that blinks, not all. title may have been misleading)

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
When you say you hear it engage, you should hear two distinct small motor sounds. One is the transfer case mode actuator and the other is the front spline disconnect actuator.. If either one is not activating, the lights on the switch will not change and the Service 4WD light will come on. So, you must first determine if you can hear the two motor sounds. If one is not operating, you will probably have to change that actuator/module.
Also, it very important to change the transfer case fluid every 50K miles to keep the TC healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.