Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone quick questiong about the http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP410/Pioneer-AVH-P4100DVD.html?search=AVH-P4100DVD. Just wondering if anyone had any pictures of what it looks like installed, and any bad or good things you can say about it.

Also i noticed that it has a accessory that allows for steering wheel control does that work with the trailblazers steerwheel controls or are they seperate? I noticed that they have a 140$ off the bluetooth accessory until the 15th so i dont think i want to pass this up. I dont know much about what i need to have a good a system IE peamp outputs and at what volts i need, so any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
I bought this one: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17563_JVC+KW-AVX820.html#

I installed it yesterday. So far it's been great.

Only two things I would like to change:
1. The button illumination color, it's blue but I will survive that.
2. Be able to download more background pictures.

I made an offer and got it for $522. It's got built in Bluetooth. And detachable face. I also got a 3-year extended warranty with accidental damage for $83.99 from SquareTrade.

You do get free install accessories i.e., dash kit and wire harness if you don't want to keep chimes.
If you do, then get a Metra GMOS-01 or GMOS-04 if you have Bose and want to use factory amp.

I went to the store and played around with the Pioneer you are asking about and didn't really care for it to much.

I did buy the AVH-P3100DVD and ended up taking it back, didn't care to much for it either.

Also, if you like to use your clock on your radio, these only have a military time clock (24 hour) and can't be changed.

I got this response from Pioneer:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.
No, the clock can not be changed, they are leaving it as a military time.

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i really really dont care for the nav feature im going to buy a seperate navigation anyways. Just because i travel the states alot and love being able to take it out and put it in my rental car :D I just bought the 4100 so hopefully everything gets here safe and sound, should probably be posting pictures of it installed in a few weeks :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Crutchfield is rather high with their prices. The only way I could justify buying from them was that they were giving me the GMOS-01 for 50 instead of 100.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
Crutchfield is rather high with their prices. The only way I could justify buying from them was that they were giving me the GMOS-01 for 50 instead of 100.
and the dash kit
and the antenna adapter
and detailed instructions for diy install
and the best customer service
and they are an authorized seller

not worth saving a couple bucks going with the other guys imo

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
and the dash kit
and the antenna adapter
and detailed instructions for diy install
and the best customer service
and they are an authorized seller

not worth saving a couple bucks going with the other guys imo
Completely disagree. You can get the antenna adapter for $3, the dash kit is $15. The detailed instructions are mostly useless because you can get the same/better online for free.

Customer service and authorized seller? Why pay a hundred more for that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know if it really matters but i also got 140$ off the bluetooth adapter with them. Thier offer ends tomorrow though. That was mainly the idea behind that, also shipping to alaska is killer and the local shops charge at least 600$ minimum on that HU and 225 minimum for the bluetooth. So i kinda saved myself money on that aspect :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pictures.

Sorry to bump my topic but i installed this with a friend the other day, had to take everything back out to disable the parking brake feature. Only problem i ran into was during the wiring of the parking brake thing i accidently pulled out the connection for the red wire so when i plugged everything back in, and was like WTF! Took about 10 minutes to figure that out :)

No install pics sorry was too worried about installing everything right to take pictures.

Also steeringwheel controls work, and bluetooth works... wired the mic up through my A pillar and sounds good. Routed the ipod cord through my glovebox, and the bluetooth box is behind the glovebox :)

Now for the PICS!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
Looks good to me. I didn't have the factory steeringwheel to mess with, but i'm sure it wasn't any different on the install.

I flush mounted my USB and a 1/8" jack to the recessed area near the cigar llghter and aux PS outputs rather than run everything to the glove box.

I also found instructions online for bypassing the Ebrake wiring so my wife can watch movies while we travel.

I think you made a good choice, but then again i'm biased :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah thanks i did the same thing :D in that picture of my dvd screen the shifter is in drive! I love it so far, i thought about flush mounting it but i just decided it would be easier this way

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.