Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I am looking in to getting a DVD HU for my TB. My plan is to get an in dash unit right now and down the road get a seperate monitor for the little one in the back. I can do that right? It has been a few years and a lot of stuff has changed. My biggest question is I am looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD, Newegg has it for $349 and Crutchfield has it for $499. I know I would have to buy the install kit but its not worth $150 is it? I am thinking I could buy the install kit and adapter to keep my door chimes and still be under the Crutchfield price. Am I way off or what? Thanks guys

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
Dude....do not...I repeat....do NOT pay that much for the P4000DVD. Sonic Electronix has it for $310, and for like $280-ish if you buy if from their ebay store!!!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12283_Pioneer+AVH-P4000DVD.html

The money savings there should take the ease off the install kit price. BUT, if you buy if from Sonic, they have FREE shipping and FREE installation accessories. This will include the mounting kit and basic wiring kit, but if you want to step up to the kit that allows you to retain your chimes, etc, then you have to pay extra, but they still cut you a deal on it.

I bought my P4000DVD back in July and I paid $405 for it. It was free installation accessories too, but I paid extra for the chime harness. It was $75 for my colorado, but they cut it down to $50 and threw in a free antenna adapter as well.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Dude....do not...I repeat....do NOT pay that much for the P4000DVD. Sonic Electronix has it for $310, and for like $280-ish if you buy if from their ebay store!!!
Sonic Electronix customer service sux.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I've never had any problems with them. It's hit and miss, just like anywhere else.

I actually sent my radio back because we thought it was defective, but it turns out one of my door speaker wires was grounding out and causing a wierd noise. I didn't have any problems dealing with them on the phone, or all the shipping back and forth...

·
Banned
912 Posts
Right, cause I'm sure every single order ever placed at Crutchfield has gone through without a hitch. Nobody in the history of the company has had a problem with them....:hopeless

I guess they can afford to make every customer happy with all the money they get by rediculously overcharging for their equipment. :weird:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
It's true you know...

They charge so much for products that they can afford to pay customer service reps in the United States and stand behind their products.

If it's something small, or something I can get elsewhere for CHEAP, I will go elsewhere. But if I can get it reasonably from crutchfield I will go there (with assorted coupons and sales and referral commissions I usually get a good deal, not to mention having being able to pick and choose install accessories when you call).

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
61 Posts
Do you have any car audio stores in your area that can get what you're looking for?. I personally like dealing with the small privately owned shops in my area. Not only do they tend to be a little cheaper but most the time the know they're *****. And if something was wrong you could go to them. But I've never had problems with crutchfield, course I'd never order anything from them but wiring.

·
Banned
912 Posts
Do you have any car audio stores in your area that can get what you're looking for?. I personally like dealing with the small privately owned shops in my area. Not only do they tend to be a little cheaper but most the time the know they're *****. And if something was wrong you could go to them. But I've never had problems with crutchfield, course I'd never order anything from them but wiring.
I also was the type to buy locally, just for the fact that if something should go wrong, it's nice to be able to get it handled right now, instead of waiting for shipping, etc.

At the time I purchased my radio, all the audio shops in my area wanted $550 for it. Sonic had them for $420, but I got another $15 off because of their pricematching.

BUT....

When I mentioned the price to the local shops, it took them LESS THAN A SECOND to say..."Yea, we can match that", which leads me to believe that they were trying to price gouge the hell out of me...lol That, and all the free accessories and shipping, is why I still went with an online store.

But asking local shops to pricematch is deffinatly worth looking into!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
112 Posts
I also was the type to buy locally, just for the fact that if something should go wrong, it's nice to be able to get it handled right now, instead of waiting for shipping, etc.

At the time I purchased my radio, all the audio shops in my area wanted $550 for it. Sonic had them for $420, but I got another $15 off because of their pricematching.

BUT....

When I mentioned the price to the local shops, it took them LESS THAN A SECOND to say..."Yea, we can match that", which leads me to believe that they were trying to price gouge the hell out of me...lol That, and all the free accessories and shipping, is why I still went with an online store.

But asking local shops to pricematch is deffinatly worth looking into!
the reason that shop went down so fast on that 4000dvd is b/c they dont make them anymore and are on close out, i work at a shop here in elk city oklahoma and we are getting really good deals on those pioneer 4000dvd's b/c they are last years models. so if a shop is still trying to sell it for 550 then they are making decent money off of it

·
Banned
912 Posts
the reason that shop went down so fast on that 4000dvd is b/c they dont make them anymore and are on close out, i work at a shop here in elk city oklahoma and we are getting really good deals on those pioneer 4000dvd's b/c they are last years models. so if a shop is still trying to sell it for 550 then they are making decent money off of it

Nope. I said in my 1st post that I bought mine back in July '08, and they were still in production then. Actually, they weren't that old at that time....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts