Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently had the AVH-P3100DVD installed in my '05 trailblazer. I picked up the vehicle last Saturday. The Dvd worked great for the one day, then refused to work Sunday. I brought it back Monday afternoon, and the installer said I had changed something in the backgrounds menu (??), and that was why it didn't work. He also said that the parking brake was not necessary, I just needed to cycle Park/Nuetral once or twice. is this true?

That worked for one day. Now, I get nothing when i put in a DVD. Not the warning screen, nada. It just plays the audio, no matter how many times I cycle the brake or park.

I think it was a lousy install, as the left rear speaker doesnt work now either, but they blame the Axxess Gmos. I actually called Axxess, who told me since I purchased their harness on Amazon.com, they don't stand by their product.

I am going nuts here. Anyone got any ideas? Pioneer said the HU is probably not grounded right, the harness company claims no resposibility, and the installer is blaming the harness! :crazy:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
only thing i can think of would be a loose ground...my friend had thsi same problems on his 4000 i took out the HU nd tweekd the ground nd it fixed...maybe someone else will chime in :tiphat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts