Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Trailblazer EXT, 4.2L, standard transmission. Just today my automatic shifter slipped out of gear while trying to reverse and it would not go back into any gear. I mean I could not feel, or hear, the shifter lock into any gear (i.e. park, reverse, drive, 1, 2, etc.)....it would just slide back and forth without any resistance at all. However, I was able to put it back at the park position, but the transmission stayed in drive, and I could not get it out of drive no matter what I did. So I left it in the park position and took the key out, then my shifter locked in the park position, and would not unlock again (even with both the ignition switch turned to the unlock/on position and the brake pedal depressed). Now I can't start the car because the transmission is in drive, but the shifter is locked in park. I don't know what this is......Murphy's Law I guess.....anyones help with this would be sincerely appreciated????

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
497 Posts
Common problem. Check the transmission shift cable connection at the transmission.

You can read more about this here:

Also, you don't need to post a question in multiple sub-forums.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
497 Posts
You are quite welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts