Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why my headlights wont go out ? its an 05 TB LT. I was at the drive in and realized I couldnt not get them to turn off. I ended up having to pull the fuses. I believe your supposed to be able to set the parking brake and it kills the lights but it proved to useless. Any help ?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's putting the transmission in PARK that kills them. You likely have a bad low beam relay. #46 in the front fuse block. As a short-term experiment, swap it with #45, the fan clutch relay, next to it:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
He could be referring to the DRLs that use your low beams at 70% during the day

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Understood. If the low beam/DRL relay is shorted, and the low beams are always on even with the tranny in PARK and the ignition off, only pulling the relay or the fuses will shut them off.

OK - just saw your response. That function is run by the BCM. Might be a more expensive repair, unless it's a cheap failure of the sunlight sensor or headlight switch. Only the dealer can scan to that level to pinpoint the failure. Did you try the headlight switch override to force them off?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The far left leaves the DRL's on ... Ive seen in other trucks a fourth setting allowing you to turn off all lighting.... my TB doesnt have that.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
You must be in Canada.

Please fill in your user profile so we know your vehicle and where you are located.

Canadian vehicles do not have the ability to turn off the DRL or automatic headlights in any way, eh.:):):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts