Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Trailblazer with automatic climate controls. Most of the time it work ok, but once in a while, it will
1. No fan (any speed)
or
2. No Air
or
3. No heat

Doesn't seem to go with any pattern, It just start screwing up.. Then all of the sudden it starts working normal again.

I saw a lot of posting about the heating restors, but they were not for the auto systems.

Any Help??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I have been searching since I posted and found that maybe heater module, part # 89018778 could be the problem. Is that the module you are talking about?

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That's one of the many acceptable part numbers for the module. Please read the thread I linked. Or as I said, the wiring may be more at fault and you have to get under there and look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadie,
Thanks for the advice. I wanted to let you know the results.
I checked the wires and connectors and everything looked good.
I purchased the module, $95.00, from the dealer. When I removed the old module, it was all corroded. I replaced it with the new module and it works great. Thanks again..
FYI: the new module I purchased was the same as the old one. same as the "old" in your picture.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Auto climate control no go

new to site as Daugher just bought a 03 trail blazer and there is no power to the panel for controls, is there a fuse somewhere, all i can find is the fuse box under the hood but they all look ok - is there one hidden elsewhere any help appriciated
have not had a lo of time to cruise thru forums etc

thanks Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts