Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been digging thru the forum, and i cant find anything about my problem. Maybe it is because I don't know what to search under.

I have an '04 Trailblazer with a SES light on. I took it to Auto Zone to have the code read, and they guy told me he couldnt read it. The machine acted like it wasn't plugged into anything. He said take it to the dealer, and I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem. I took it to Advanced Auto too, and the same thing happened, so I know it wasn't a faulty reader.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Check fuse #13 in the underhood fuse block. GM amusingly hides the fact that
that powers the OBDII port...

Cheers-

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, what do you know, it was popped. I'll buy a new one tomorrow and see if that does it.

I imagine that is why one of my cigar ports isn't working either...

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Heh...glad you found it! Isn't it a good thing GM told us where the
power for our "cigar" lighter was, but couldn't be bothered to note
that it's also the OBDII port! ;)

Cheers-

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
47 Posts
Wow, what do you know, it was popped. I'll buy a new one tomorrow and see if that does it.

I imagine that is why one of my cigar ports isn't working either...

Thanks a bunch!
Thats what I like to see.... You just saved $100 bucks at least. Platinum Membership is/ should be your next step. Unless you have one... In that case, it just paid for itself.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
15 Posts
Mine too

blew my lighter fuse the other day - did not thing anything of it. my Check Engine Light came on later that day and also was hearing a funny noise from the engine. I thought that the light came on due to the changing of my #2 ignition coil I replaced from E-Bay ($10.00 with S&H). Went to autozone and the diag tool could not read the computer (thought I blew a link or something). While scanning this site (BTW THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS SITE!!) I came upon a cigarette lighter post. Being I blew out the fuse by overpowering my 400W power inverter, it shocked me the see that the post referenced the computer link. Went back to autozone - put in a new fuse and WOW the computer worked. the guy at autozone cleared my computer and my spending $12.50 for the fuse and coil - the engine never ran smoother

once again Thank You for having this site up

Joe:tiphat

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
89 Posts
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! :thumbsup:

I have been fighting the same problem and FINALLY searched here, guess I should have done that first. :duh: Anyway thanks for posting this, I was able to pull my codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts