Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys yoyr help plz

I have envoy 2007.
I installed a new Audio system instead of bose. the new on contain touchpad screen with NAVI, DVD player iPOD connector ... etc and after installing and finalizinig there was a noise in the speakers for the engin sound windows up and down and when using flash light.

the second problem that the alerts sound disappeared (Seat belt low fuel).

the guy who installed it connect the speakers to the connector directly and didnt connect the speakers to amp. and got the power from the red wire located under the rear seat.

your help please to solve the 2 issues.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
122 Posts
sounds like what u r hearing is electrical interference. There is a part u will need to connect to stop that. dont remember the correct name. some will post it for sure.
U need the Chime adapter so u can hear the seat belt, door open and low fuel sounds. Check for the post thats pinned on top of this section for the part.

And why was the power from behind the seat needed for the radio? Thats sounding very unprofesional. I installed my 7" touch screen radio myself. Got all the parts needed from the pinned post. Chime adapter, On-Star adapter, radio connection adapter.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
you're installer screwed up. you need to get a wiring adapter. The noise you're hearing is alternator whine. Until you get the wiring corrected I do not see this problem going away.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i think the word your looking for is "ground loop isolator". and yep, he didnt use an adapoter, hence no chimes. did you have to pay for an expensive adaptor? if not they didnt use an adaptor.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
374 Posts
:iagree:If the chimes are important to you, then get the adaptor and make sure all the wiring is secure... Chances are, if you're getting alternator whine (caused by a ground feedback loop, google it for too much info) then your installer used quick taps (ask me how i know). Redoing all the wiring and making sure all the connections are solid will eliminate the whining.

-Phil

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
oh and btw...GET THE POWER FROM THE BATTERY, NOT THE REAR FUSE BOX!!! iv learned the hard way with melted wires and fuses on fire :duh:

take my word :yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I let him work as per your advices.
the power connected to the fuse.
for noise he installed something called grabber. but to be honest i didnt know what is the part name exactly. he did know the part immediatly once i told him the function of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts