Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy holidays, all!

Thought I would share this little inconvenience to see if folks have any ideas on a diagnosis of what is going on with my 2007 Trailblazer LT.

It is getting colder in Wisconsin ... into the 30s. In the morning, after start-up, I am getting various types of interference in over the stereo ... regardless of whether I am listening to CDs or the radio. This interference seems to increase in pitch in direct proportion to how far I am opening the throttle. The electric seats also seem to have an impact.

It is kind of a pink noise that increases and decreases in pitch with acceleration. As stated, it happens only with a cold start ... first thing in the morning or, as the temperature has dropped in recent days, after the vehicle has been sitting in the elements in the course of the day.

In the immediate term, this is an inconvenience because I love my tunes in the morning! In the intermediate term, I am not sure if this is indicative of a particular part that is about to go belly up and may need to be replaced proactively.

I have noticed some electrical things that may just be inherent in the design ... like if you hit the power window button, the headlights dim a bit. Not sure if that is just typical or whether that is useful information.

Thanks for any and all ideas!:thx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts