Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings fellow desert dwellers!

My name is Steve McLean (but I go by Coach). I am one of the West chapter reps and since Arizona is my home, it only makes sense that I should represent our great state. If you have read the threads in the West Forum, you've most assuredly seen the numerous requests for a meet. It's been a long time in coming and I'm hopeful that this post will help to make an Arizona meet much closer to becoming a reality. But before we can schedule one, we have to establish the number of members still active on this board and where everyone is geographically. As soon as I have this info, we're better than half-way to setting a time and place for our meet. Keep it simple: Give me your name and the city in which you live. With any luck, we can make this happen before it heats up - and I say that as I sit here typing this on Feb. 23 and it hit 86 degrees here in Chandler today.

So let's hear from everybody.

If you need to get a hold of me for something, anything, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Coach

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks Steve!

A few guys were talking about wanting to meet up - I had mentioned the Scottsdale Pavilions... just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Steve!

A few guys were talking about wanting to meet up - I had mentioned the Scottsdale Pavilions... just a thought.
The Pavillions are indeed a very condusive location for a meet - I've been to numerous auto-related functions there over the years. A couple of things that would make that particular locale somewhat less attractive as a meet site are:

a. No park-like atmosphere or amenities (tables, benches, shade, etc.)
b. Geographic location of the majority of Arizona members, for instance, if it turns out that out of say 50 members in AZ, 29 of them are from the southern portion of the state, it wouldn't be fair to insist they all drive to the Phoenix area for the meet. In that type of situation, Casa Grande would be the more feasible location. But, supposing anything at this point is merely speculation since we have no idea how many Arizona members are still active and interested in a meet.

Thanks for the reply.

Coach

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
71 Posts
hey

glad to hear that someone is finally taking initiative to make a meet actually happen. I live in Avondale Arizona, which is West, way west like 30 miles from LA, jk.. seems like it. i have an 06 gmc envoy, cmon guys, lets get this meet going. Scottsdale pavillions sounds like a great idea, or even one of the community parks. Im down, let me know

Damian
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
29 Posts
I live in Sierra Vista and would really like to do a meet...southeast AZ is preferrable, but let me know and I'll try to make the long trip up to PHX.

Long time member...just have been on the "other" forums for a while. Glad to hear this is getting organized!

Cheers,
Billy

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
where in Sierra VIsta lol, just got out here like 3 weeks ago and yea i dont know no one, and there aint nothing to do. so if we could do a southeast AZ meet and if you lve close to Sierra vista and just want to do a small meet lets see what we can get started.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
29 Posts
I'll meet up just about any time...let me know what is good. You will see other SSs around here, but no real enthusiasts among them.

There MAY be a car show here the third week in March, it is an annual boys and girls club thing. Usually a large turn out but I've heard rumor it may be cancelled.

Otherwise, the next car show here will be mid-April, we should represent at one or the other:undecided My SS finally has enough mods that I consider it worthy to be in a show...

·
Registered
2007 chevy
29 Posts
Recommendation to Coach Steve...Tucson may be a good "middle-ground" for those of us in the state. Doesn't really matter to me...I'll hit PHX if need-be.

Perhaps a meet at SIR (Tucson 1/4 strip)...that would be cool....

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE!!

I sent out 109 emails/PM's today to everyone who's member profile included their place of residence as Arizona.
To those who received duplicate msg's. I apologize. :duh:
To those in the first half of the alphabet whose message contained a typo (or 2) I apologize. :crazy:

OK, enough of the formalities..... :x

With any luck this thread will be inundated with replies within the next few days from excited desert dwellers who are drooling and ready to get together. :excited:

Stay tuned folks.....

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Recommendation to Coach Steve...Tucson may be a good "middle-ground" for those of us in the state. Doesn't really matter to me...I'll hit PHX if need-be.

Perhaps a meet at SIR (Tucson 1/4 strip)...that would be cool....
Spoken like a true SS owner!! :D

·
Registered
2007 chevy
29 Posts
You bet!! Firebird sounds good too:woot:

I'm in...doesn't matter where it is!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
26 Posts
Az Meeting

I'm Up For Whatever!!!! The Track Works For Me Too!!! Gotta Test The New Mods!!!!;)
And I'll Bring My Nephew... He Also Has A Trailblazer Also!!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
137 Posts
Chandler checking in. Depending on the day, I can drive wherever.

·
Premium Member
2003 isuzu ascender
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yessssss! Arizona Representin'!!! Keep those replies coming folks!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts