Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a last minute thing, but decided to head down to North MD to meet up with James and hit up a trail. We drove around looking for something... unfortunately, we didn't find much. We did manage to view some nice scenery, including this photo opp...

Oh... yeah, by the way, he also helped me install my new WAAG grille guard!!!!

We weren't able to mount the upper brackets then, the stock bolts were too short, as were the screws that came with the WAAG... but once I got back home, I put some bolts in and finished putting it all together completely...

I'm not sure if I will be keeping the bug shield.... but I know for a fact that I need some lights...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking good. I can barely remember how you TB used to look. Much better now. If you lose the bugflector, lemme know before thursday. Advance auto selling those things for thirty bucks as and inventory reduction.
It used to look like this....

And if I decide to ditch it, its yours for $20??

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Sorry about not finding any trails. That area is just too developed. The two trails that would have been cool were closed to vehicular traffic. Such is life.

The WAAG looks great! You'll be happy with it, its certainly the best guard out there for our truck.

Now the delemma... Lightforce 240s, or Hella 4000s?... :undecided

:confused:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
That's a clean look! :thumbsup: I don't plan on putting one on mine. Not likely to need it in the sand.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I've always loved the look of the WAAG, not only because of the option of headlight covers, but also because of its mounting points. Other guards mount from under the bumper, giving you less clearance on approach angles. The WAAG mounts through the holes for the tow hooks, and still lets you keep the hooks in place.

The WAAGs are expensive... no doubt about that. But they are quality and solid. I got mine secondhand for an INCREDIBLE price. I could not pass it up.

As for the lack of trails, no worries, James. We'll set up something soon, perhaps Wharton? I'm sure some other Mid-Atlantic members would be down...

And for lights, Yeah... its a tough call between the Hellas and Lightforces... someone's trying to push the Lightforces, they even made this nice photoshop for demonstration purposes.... LOL

Attachments

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
371 Posts
Or the Kragen HID's (4" or 7") for ~100-120 a light... Roadie tested and approved :p Or the Xmitter LED's that are sooo badass (read: pricey, but last practically forever and are insanely bright).

Hmm, I think I need to go shopping for my truck again :x

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
371 Posts
When do you want to borrow my study guide for your amateur license?
:x Actually, I still have it (borrowed back around the Sierra trip era) :raspberry

I'm glad this thing is about to be paid off. More mod money :bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
:x Actually, I still have it (borrowed back around the Sierra trip era) :raspberry
:duh: I just got one back in the mail from an ExPo buddy in Flagstaff, and I assumed it was my Technician guide. It was the General Class (mid-level) guide. No way a software guy like you would understand real engineering enough to get a General class ticket. :raspberry

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
I just noticed something different about your ride. What happened to the Yakima rack you had put together for it?
Just cause you have a rack doesn't mean you have to use it all the time. I take mine off when I know I may not need it for a while. It's a simple 5 minute operation that can save a good amount in fuel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.