Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all weekend of trying to install a new amp and clean things up abit, I got it to work! Thats saying alot for a guy who has never done and install work (at all). Ended up learning alot on how the panels come off.

I ended up doing alot of insulating since I had everything apart. Dynamat extream on all 4 doors and back hatch. Got it at a great price since they are closing the one by me 80% off. I used spray foam for the areas I couldent get into in the hatch and the pillers. Added sound proofing to the doors and hatch as well.

I relocated the tweeters from my fosgate comps in front to the dash, really didnt like the sound:no: so I put them back in the door, souned much better:yes:.

I got some very very slight noise in all the speakers though, sound like a buzz or hum. you cant hear it when the volume is turned up. (Im sure I screwed up some wiring somewhere!)

so far I got
Memphis amp 300w
Memphis 12" sub sealed box
fosgate 6.5 comps in front doors
fosgate 6.5 coax. in rear doors
alpine 4 ch amp. F300
OEM head:eek:

going to change out the HU soon.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to wire the inputs to the amps. Currently I have a LOC comming from the rear left. going to the sub amp bridged. and the front right and rear right going to the 4 channel amp. Since I dont know to much about this. Is this totaly screwed up? It sound ok, I got set it to where I can fade front to back. I just lost my left right balance. (no big deal for now) the sub has it own aftermarket volume control.

By the way, my hats off to all you guys who do this either for a living or becuse of a real love for it:tiphat. Its alot of really detailed work if you want it to both look and sound good.

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to wire the inputs to the amps. Currently I have a LOC comming from the rear left. going to the sub amp bridged. and the front right and rear right going to the 4 channel amp. Since I dont know to much about this. Is this totaly screwed up? It sound ok, I got set it to where I can fade front to back. I just lost my left right balance. (no big deal for now) the sub has it own aftermarket volume control.
Considering that you are going to replace the head unit, I would leave it the way it is for now.

BTW props to you for doing the install yourself:hail:

that being said

:D

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i had a buzzing noise when i installed my equalizer. you might try to put all your grounds to the same place. i used a ground loop isolator, >$15 at circuit city.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was the buzzing noise when you were driving or when you were parked?
Parked, It did not get any worse when I drove or reved the engine. (Ive heard that noise before in other systems) Since I have put the Tweeters back in the door and grounded my power inverter to the same ground as my amps I have no more noise.:) I also created a new ground for everything under the hatch area trim, I ground down the paint to bare metal and put a battery bolt there to hook up all the stuff that needed grounding.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Considering that you are going to replace the head unit, I would leave it the way it is for now.

that being said

I still have to clean up a few wires befor the pics and screw down the amps. ( I seem to be having trouble getting the screws into the metal! and my drill bis for the pilot hole have all broke!:cry:)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
155 Posts
Parked, It did not get any worse when I drove or reved the engine. (Ive heard that noise before in other systems) Since I have put the Tweeters back in the door and grounded my power inverter to the same ground as my amps I have no more noise.:) I also created a new ground for everything under the hatch area trim, I ground down the paint to bare metal and put a battery bolt there to hook up all the stuff that needed grounding.
ok well it sounds like its fine now lol and good job with the installation and get pics posted as soon as possible.:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
111 Posts

that being said

:eek:fftopic:

Andrew I took a shower today :hahano: need pics? :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts