Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of the stealth install in my TB.....

Exterior Shots

Clarion MAX675VD DD Head Unit / Clarion EQS746 mounted in glove box / 7" screens in headrests.

Focal Utopia Drivers in all 4 doors / Utopia Tweeters in factory dash locations.

1 10" Cerwin Vega V-Max / Nakamichi PA-4100

Here's the subwoofer enclosure view behind the panel....

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
looks good. real good. wish i could be happy with just one ten.
is there really that much air space in that area. it looks so small in the pic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good. real good. wish i could be happy with just one ten.
is there really that much air space in that area. it looks so small in the pic
That 1 10" was ALOT more than I had expected. I have 4 12's in my work truck (same series, just 12s)

The box was 0.83 before sub displacement. The specs call for 0.7 after displacement...which I have it pretty close.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you get to the tweeters in the dash ?
Have to pull the a-pillars off. If you look at them, there is one screw in each one behind a little pop-off cover. Remove those, and they snap off. You can lift the whole panel to access the dash speakers if you have Bose, if not, it's cardboard covers....that's all I did was flush mount them into the cardboard covers. The imaging on them was actually very accurate aiming them to the windshield.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
nice.

do you roll with the cover over the sub? would seem like a bad idea .......

also, i think it's time to invest in a digial camera :D

edit: whats powering the sub? and bigger pics of the before and after of the sub box. plz.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
Very god looking stealth set up. :thumbsup:

The cardboard isn't a bad idea, if not that, then you can pick up some abs plastic and use the cardboard as a template

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
Have to pull the a-pillars off. If you look at them, there is one screw in each one behind a little pop-off cover. Remove those, and they snap off. You can lift the whole panel to access the dash speakers if you have Bose, if not, it's cardboard covers....that's all I did was flush mount them into the cardboard covers. The imaging on them was actually very accurate aiming them to the windshield.
sounds pretty easy. im planning to get all new vocal speakers w/ bass blockers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice.

do you roll with the cover over the sub? would seem like a bad idea .......

also, i think it's time to invest in a digial camera :D

edit: whats powering the sub? and bigger pics of the before and after of the sub box. plz.

Yes, I put the cover on....the whole thought behind the install was to get it as stealth as I could other than the screens, which are for my kids.

yeah, had a really nice digital, was somewhere in the vicinity of $500....ex wife took it with her when we divorced...haven't replaced....:D

The Nakamichi amp is powering the sub...I have channels 1&2 powering the 4 mids and 2 tweeters....and have channels 3&4 bridged to the sub.

give me an email address...I'll send you the full size pics. The are actually alot better than the shrunken versions.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Very nice man, I like that sub install a lot! Ive got a Q-Logic box and its pretty good, but I like how you built yours behind the factory trim panel. Unfortunately for me, both my TBs have the factory Bose amp back there so no room to cut.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice man, I like that sub install a lot! Ive got a Q-Logic box and its pretty good, but I like how you built yours behind the factory trim panel. Unfortunately for me, both my TBs have the factory Bose amp back there so no room to cut.
actually, you could relocate that factory Bose amp to the front area of the box....I think there would be enough room to have it in there....if not, definately under the box itself...that area goes down a good bit more than I built the box.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
being an sq guy i cannot see you running 4 speakers off 2 channels.

you dont have the seperation of channels. you would have a mono front and mono rear or mono left and mono right.

im not sure if this is right, but i think it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
being an sq guy i cannot see you running 4 speakers off 2 channels.

you dont have the seperation of channels. you would have a mono front and mono rear or mono left and mono right.

im not sure if this is right, but i think it is.
And correct you are. I have it ran actually what's called "mixed mono" the front channels are bridged and rear are only ran stereo for fill. When setting up a sound stage, there is no "rear stage" there is no "rear signal". You should set up rear for fill only.....hence the reason I have them with half the power of the front stage and also don't have the tweeters in the rear. The rear is only to just slightly compliment the front.

Alot of people don't even run rear speakers. With a well imaged front stage, there really should be no need for anything in the rear. I just have always ran a mixed mono setup, have the same thing in my Ranger...and like the extra little compliment it gives.

http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/rac-faq_3.html

Check section 3.6. I did a quick search and found this for you.

Also a little more reading material.....

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~78597~PN~1

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
i only run a front stage. sounds good and saves me money on comps and i dont need a big 4 channel ..... well i got a big 4 channel anyways, :D. apparently i can run active on my sundown, so i might have to give that a try..... and if i ever get a RF 3sixty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yessir.....From what I gather with the Sundown, it provides enough flexibility to run active. I don't have any personal experience with them, but have heard nothing but positive about their products.

Have you installed the 100.4 yet??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts