Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear two different stories when it comes to armor-all products. i am talking about armor-all protectant wipes. i like how it cleans up the dash and how it makes it shine, but I heard it's not good for the interior... Have any of you been using this product for a few years? Does it affect the dashboard/any vinyl?

let me know what you think

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
welcome!:tiphat

so far so good for me...been using it about a year and half now and i still love it :m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
52 Posts
The detail shop i used to work for, wouldn't go anywhere near the stuff.:nono: From my expereince it's like hand cream, I know it sounds weird but, if you use hand cream for any lenth of time and stop your hand will dry up more thatn if you didn't use it at all. Your best bet is to use a good leather conditioner. Gives a new car look with out the glare of the other stuff. Just make sure to clean the surface very well.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
117 Posts
i use meguiars for my interior..works amazing..i used armor all for a while and then switched..but i guess its just a preference thing

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
i heared one of the memebers uses pledge for his interior. i havnt tried it yet but i might, i personally like armor all, i hate armor all window spray, its a piece of [email protected] i prefer invisable glass for my windows.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:iagree: Invisible Glass is the best. I used Armer all leather cleaner once. No more. I kept sliding off the seat.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
armor all is no good to use. read the labels on any cleaner before you buy. if it contains silicon DO NOT use it. it will dry out and crack rubber or leather. notice some older cars with cracked dash boards and others of the same year or older with perfect dash's. its because of silicon products.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
original armor all is water based. I will actually make your dash crack. If shiny is what you want, use a good silicone based interior treatment. Lots of good brands out there.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
original armor all is water based. I will actually make your dash crack. If shiny is what you want, use a good silicone based interior treatment. Lots of good brands out there.

So do I want sillicone based or not? getting mixed answers.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
As long as we're on the topic of armor-all :)

I wouldn't personally use it. I use'd to work at a Tier 1 automotive supplier validation lab, and I did a lot of automotive plastics material testing. Armor-All was one of the worst things you can put onto your plastic parts. It has so much plasticizer (that's what makes your interior all shiny :) ) that it gets into the material chains and will make it brittle...which in turn will cause it to crack over time.

Although a lot of this depends on how the part you are applying Armor-All to was molded. If it has a lot of internal stresses in the part, it will crack sooner, if it has less stress then you shouldn't see any cracks for a little while.

Just my :m2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
DO NOT USE SILICON PRODUCTS!!!!!!
its simple, just ask your local upholstry shop. they will give the answer you want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts