Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California and i got a 2002 trailblazer in a straight up trade for a 92 civic sedan. The person who i delt with said it is under non op. It has Arizona plates. He told me that i could reregister it again in Arizona and skip the CA smog. Threw an online process. The trailblazer did not come with a pick slip only a paper with a title MMS and with Arizona vehicle registration labled under the MMS. That has the vin make and model etc. The name on the paper that i just described is not the same name as the person i delt with. He said that name was his uncle. How do i go about reregistering it in AZ and getting a pinkslip. If this trailblazer is stolen then i wont mind if i at least get a couple trips to the snow and back. Thats why i traded my civic for it in the first place and ive already used it to tow another civic that i have that wont start to a shop. So ive already made good use of it. Thanks yall

·
Registered
483 Posts
I lived in both AZ and CA at the same time - kinda a reverse snowbird thing.

Your vehicle is gonna be a problem since you don't have an AZ residence or driver's license and mailing address.

That will likely stop your registering it in AZ ... and CA will try to hose you down too since you are (in their eyes) trying to commit fraud against CA DMV for taxes-fees-fines and they are bloodthirsty!

If you try to bring it into CA registration, they will extract fines and fees from the time it has not been registered anywhere in the US.

Yeah - CA is THAT nasty!

CA DMV has teeth in any social programs and can levy fines in them, or grab your state income tax refund to get the money they want. It can go so far as to grab the money from any savings accounts even put a lien on your personal property. CA is rotten!

AZ might be able to un-cloud the registration, but you may also have fines from not registering it - but AFAIR, AZ does not go past the last registered owner in seeking fees and fines.

Your problem is the difference in the names on the receipt you have verses the last name on the registration.

I would not poke the CA DMV bear yet.

Try to go to an ADOT-MVD facility and tell them your story. they MIGHT be able to help - but then again..... ahem!

A really bad scene would be that someone reported it as stolen - maybe in another state.... and guess who's holding the keys! You!

In the future, make sure any paper/owner trails are complete and all the Is are dotted and the Ts are all crossed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts