Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
shock warehouse on the vendor list on the rite side have them for the same price.. but we get 10% off the price...

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Do an advanced search on Ebay by clicking the "Include Title and Description" box on the part number BE5-A333-H0

$50-60 shipped is a good price.

The part number was easily discovered here on trailvoy by running a search for "bilstein part number". Don't know how you missed the many threads on it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept typing in bilstein front strut or bilstein strut. Ask my friends, I'm the only moron that needs help using google!

Sorry for the stupidity. I just never think of the correct exact phrase to search for. It's really not out of laziness.

I appreciate the help though guys!
Thanks as always!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Do they always offer free shipping on order over $95? There is another spot on the website that says last week for free shipping. I am about 2 week from ordering my front shocks..

·
Registered
182 Posts
ha, I didnt even see the "And Free Shipping" on there. Thats works perfectly fine for me, doesn't matter now if I order them in 2 week!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Ask if they have the HD upper strut bushings.....
I would be shocked if that's anything but an OEM part.

Although --- I've put in 4 BDS kits so far, so I have quite a collection of the OEM bushing assemblies that would otherwise be scrap. Is there a market?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
If i were to do it again, i would use the BDS bushings just
to be on the safe side..
I know they can be ordered from BDS, i just dont have the
part number handy..(packed in a box somewhere)..
Getting ready to move AGAIN..:duh:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The BDS bushings (and their nice washers) only fit in the BDS spacer kit, because of the upper hole diameter. They are nice polyurethane, rather than OEM rubber, but I don't see how they are interchangable. Am I missing something?

OEM:

BDS:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I need to find someone to help me with the install of the BDS kit, because I know I am going to get raped on the install at Performance Truck Accessories..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
The BDS bushings (and their nice washers) only fit in the BDS spacer kit, because of the upper hole diameter. They are nice polyurethane, rather than OEM rubber, but I don't see how they are interchangable. Am I missing something?
I have been going through my pms with a friend from St.Louis..
I thought he told me he used them with the smaxx kit..
Couldnt find it, so i sent a pm to him to find out fer sure..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was told my a mechanic that I need new uppers strut mounts. I know this is gonna show my lack of knowledge but, that's the bushings you guys are talking about right?
I was told that's why I have this joggle around sound along with a small but annoying as hell squeek. That's the whole reason I wanna get the bilsteins. I figure if I'm gonna take everything apart to replace the strut mounts, I might as well do the struts too, just in case.

When I called advanced auto the other day to get a rough idea for pricing they told me I could use KYB or Monroe. Is this true? Can different companies be interchanged?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...that's the bushings you guys are talking about right?...
Yes. Part4chevys.com wants $32.50 for one; $45.60 list. If you want a couple from my bonepile, PM me for a deal. Going to add any spacers at the same time? I have some left-over 1" (not the fattest) SMAXX as well. Good for somebody just wanting to level the front - not for real lifting.

Besides Bilstein, there are other aftermarket options for strut shocks. Rancho also makes them. So far nobody has ever been in a position to run more than one brand in quick succession, so there aren't any good comparisons out there. But anything is better than worn-out OEMs. The aftermarket Bilsteins were even satisfyingly superior (in my experience) than NON-worn-out OEMs. I swapped mine out at under 10K miles and was never happier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts