Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a blue chevy II wagon with a turbo vortec 4.2L in the 8's.

He's running a good sized turbo on there.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Hey, theres that one I was trying to find a while ago to show the potential of the I6!!

That thing is fast, and if I remember right the engine is mostly stock but there might be some forged internals though, I can remember.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
..I remember right the engine is mostly stock but there might be some forged internals though, I can remember.
That guy has some serious skills! Everything is modified on that 4.2L! Home made intake manifold, modified cable actuated throttle body, modified ignition with no coil-overs, home built fuel injection & I'm sure the variable exhaust valve timing is blanked off.... the list goes on.... VERY COOL! :drool

Joel

·
Registered
1 Posts
that car is sick. It was in hot rods power tour im pretty sure. I saw it run at byron ill and it was sweet as hell!! I am trying to do this build too, but i have been getting no where because there is no one who makes forged internal pieces!! anyone know of any?

·
Registered
chevy
17 Posts
that car is sick. It was in hot rods power tour im pretty sure. I saw it run at byron ill and it was sweet as hell!! I am trying to do this build too, but i have been getting no where because there is no one who makes forged internal pieces!! anyone know of any?
Mahle makes the OEM pistons for the 4.2 I would start with them as they already have all the Specs for the engine.

I am a new member and this is my first post. I am a Profesional Mechanic and have a 4.2 that I am putting into a 67 Nova.

I am looking for Hot Cams, someone that can Profesionally port the head and other Speed items for the engine.

I plan to build my own induction system and use an Elecrtomotive Stand Alone System for the Ignition and Fuel Injection.

Looks like a great site

Hope to learn much from you guys too.

If I can help, give me a hollar, I am not readily availabel, but will answer as soon as I can.

Take Care

Dusty

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
310 Posts
reopening

i saw that car a couple yrs ago online and thought that we could build off of that but as people said its mostly custom. But i also found was a lot of other people use the 4.2l as a motor for there old hotrods. something about the weight to power ratio appeals to them.. But im sure that is not the only engine thats been modded...there is a guy that builds race 4.2s i found but only as complete engines, but i can't remember the site :confused: ..im hoping someone can use some of the ideas of the hot roders and bring that tech to trailvoys. But given that these are daily drivers the electronics are going to be impossible to overcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
hopped up 4.2's

Anybody heard of, or seen Kevin Self's '32 Bantam roadster running out of Durant Oklahoma? He is using a 4.2 with two-4bbl Hollys on a homebrewed intake and maybe using a powerglide, claims 10000 rpms. late last year he ran 7.98? @ 169? at the motorplex in Texas. Only thing I can find on 'net is a few Lucas points chase reports and he and his dad's website - Self racing engines. His dad is Glen Self who is mentioned many times in the Leo Santucci (sic) chevy six power book. The dad says they have no problems with crank etc. that the old 194- 292 boys have. Absoluely neet-o engine.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
Ya he was at the very first Hot Rod Drag Week way back in the day. He was leading the small block power adder class, when he got busted for cheating (trailering his car between tracks, not actually driving it like the rules stated).

How's that for bringing a thread back from the dead? :excited:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts