Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get ABS plastic tubing for my intake but i cant find a singe place that sells it. Some people online said they bought it at home depot but home depot in michigan does not carry it. Anyone know where I can get ABS tubing? ive tried hardware stores and auto parts stores.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Unfortunately depending on where you live most Home Depots or Menards dont stock it because of codes. Stop by a Menards and we can special order different pipe for you. I will check tommorow at work for you for a price and availabilty for you. What size are you looking for 3"? It usually comes 10' long.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
wow lame really???
which codes would that be??!! haha I hope not fire codes because all that wood at homedepot oh never mind!

I should go check my homedepots now! I could have sworn I saw it there! I know I have bought it there before for my massively overgrown gold fish! heh
but they outgrew the 3" tube I had for them bah

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i believe on my KN air filter the diameter is 3.5" but i dont know if they have 3.5". I think they only make 3" and 4" and nothing in between. I tried home depot no luck there or lowes.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I wonder if this is the standard sizes of pvc. Guess its a positive to be a plumber!

http://www.flexpvc.com/PVCPipeSize.shtml
flexible pvc could put intake companies out of business heh

Actually I am starting to think I got the pvc tube I bought years ago from a plumbing supply outlet near me.

and prices
http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/844/Clear-PVC-Pipe
$21 for 10ft good thing k&n etc charge you like $200+ for this stuff. ok they bend some steel for you for heat shields too!

Even funnier! for about $300 you could own 50ft of flexible pvc!

http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart_id=132060.19833*n42pU8&product=8_Flex_PVC_Pipe_3_inch

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
the clear PVC would actually be pretty cool.. but u dont want to do any of the flexible crap.. it will rob ya of horse power.. .the ridges creates turbulence and it just doesnt help... :m2:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
OH yeah on the ridges!
I wonder how hard it is to bend pvc with a heat gun!

BTW that clear stuff is on an aquarium site so I certainly hope their tubing isn't going to give off chemicals!
oooops maybe it isnt 3" a previous person stated this...

"Others on TV have made their own CAI's. IIRC they just used 4" PVC pipe or tubing. With your '03 you will also need two inlets, one for the fuel pressure regulator and one for the crankcase breather."

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya people also use pvc to make their own regulators for scuba diving and such but the key is the heat. Pvc only releases these gases when it is heated so in an aquarium it would never get hot.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
ya people also use pvc to make their own regulators for scuba diving and such but the key is the heat. Pvc only releases these gases when it is heated so in an aquarium it would never get hot.
OH ooooops!! i thought you had originally asked about PVC! see why word of mouth sucks? haha

Ok here is a site

4inches ABS 10ft $35
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2DGG3
Temp. Range -40 To 180

So ABS doesnt give off stink? I am sure you could bend ABS easily with a heat gun!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ABS or Vinyl tubing...both will work. Vinyl tubing is usually flexible without corregation in it. So no ribs or edges. Its not just a "stink" its quite deadly. The government has regulated alot on construction and the use of pvc in buildings because people die before the fire kills them from hydrogen chloride inhilation from the pvc melting. It is quite deadly and quite corrosive. I wouldnt want my engine breathing it..or myself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts