Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy XL SLT 4x4
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat is done for and theres no emission laws here in missouri so im just going to cut it off. looking for a good oxygen sensor dummy so i dont have to worry about annoying check engine lights

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
31 Posts
I have zero experience with them,but from some online research Ive done, numerous Trailblazer owners stated they had no luck with the simulator,but did have good results
using 2 spark plug non- foulers.The after or post cat o2 sensor only measures the oxygen to check the efficiency of the cat,so if the cat is removed and the flow drastically increases,the o2 reading
increases & triggers the mil.To use the non foulers, drill the center out of one of the non foulers (if needed) big enough for the o2 sensor element to fit, screw the o2 sensor into the top of the non fouler, screw that non fouler into the top of the 2nd non fouler then screw the 2nd non fouler into the o2 sensor bung in the after/post cat pipe.This removes the sensor element from the direct flow of exhaust gases to shut the mil back off. Members stated it only works on the after cat o2....

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
3 Posts
I have zero experience with them,but from some online research Ive done, numerous Trailblazer owners stated they had no luck with the simulator,but did have good results
using 2 spark plug non- foulers.The after or post cat o2 sensor only measures the oxygen to check the efficiency of the cat,so if the cat is removed and the flow drastically increases,the o2 reading
increases & triggers the mil.To use the non foulers, drill the center out of one of the non foulers (if needed) big enough for the o2 sensor element to fit, screw the o2 sensor into the top of the non fouler, screw that non fouler into the top of the 2nd non fouler then screw the 2nd non fouler into the o2 sensor bung in the after/post cat pipe.This removes the sensor element from the direct flow of exhaust gases to shut the mil back off. Members stated it only works on the after cat o2....

View attachment 55376
This would have to reduce both the crosscounts AND the average mv reading to work, but in the real world, removing the O2 from the stream could easily do that..... It's definitely worth a try. I was about to invest in software to use my laptop to program that particular fault out of the list. No emissions here, and I only have a grand in this beater....so... However, I like this platform so much I am shopping for a newer, lower miles replacement right now!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
my cat is done for and theres no emission laws here in missouri so im just going to cut it off. looking for a good oxygen sensor dummy so i dont have to worry about annoying check engine lights
Check out: O2 Simulators
I think you may find what you are looking for there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You get a spark plug non fouler and some catalytic converter material. Put the O2 sensor in the non fouler and the converter material on the other side try and get the biggest piece that fits in the non fouler. The upper O2 sensor stays the same the O2 sensor after the cat is the non fouler with the catalytic converter material. This tricks the PCM into thinking the exhaust has passed through the catalyst cleanly and the vehicle will run as it should. Try and get catalytic converter material that is fairly new or in good condition. It does make a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts