Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
When I bought my TB this was in the center console. I could not figure out what it goes to. Nothing appears to be missing anything. It is about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. It has little felt pads on the two "wings" sticking out. I thought it went to the rearview mirror, but if it does I have no idea how it goes on. Any help solving this mystery would be great. Thanks guys!

Images removed from gallery. Please review the rules of the gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
When I bought my TB this was in the center console. I could not figure out what it goes to. Nothing appears to be missing anything. It is about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. It has little felt pads on the two "wings" sticking out. I thought it went to the rearview mirror, but if it does I have no idea how it goes on. Any help solving this mystery would be great. Thanks guys!
I think you're right. I don't have a mirror that would have any wires running, but that is what this looks like. If it goes on, those wings go up between the headliner and the glass, with the open part of the wire cover facing forward... At least I think that's how it would be.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you're right. I don't have a mirror that would have any wires running, but that is what this looks like. If it goes on, those wings go up between the headliner and the glass, with the open part of the wire cover facing forward... At least I think that's how it would be.
That's it.
I just went outside and verified it, that's exactly how it goes on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. I think I am missing a part then. Is there more than one part that keeps this part in place? If I just stick it up there, nothing holds it in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now it makes sense! Thank you so much for the pic! I am missing the lower section that goes between the part in question and the mirrior itself. I will have to see what the part number is and where I can get it. You have been very helpful. Thank you!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
found the same thing in the center console when i bought mine 2 years ago lol didnt know what it was too luckly i still have it lol :bonk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.