Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about purchasing these rims VENTI Ve056 Black Gloss. Does anyone know anything about them I want to get all the info on them b4 I buy them. Im looking raise the TB are these rims strong do you think they can handle the off-road conditions??? I'm clueless when it comes to rims LOL.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty Sweet, but I don't know the brand too well. I know if you don't get rim protectors integrated in the tires you can't go near rocks W/O gouging those lips!

In-case your new, you can only lift the Truck up to 3in W/O getting into too much money/Customizations., which means up to I think 33in tires.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I am sorta new to the whole mod thing lol got to start somewhere. You were saying sometires come with rim protectors?? Ya I read that they everyone on hear was trying to get a diff. company besides BDS to make a 6" lift that would be nice but I guess if all I can do is 3" thats ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The rim protectors are just a Raised Ridge of rubber around the lip where the tire and rim meet, so if you scrub the curb, you have a better chance of not hurting the Lip of the rim. Kina like a bumper for your rim.

As for the Kit for a 6in lift, It won't come for a while and I doubt it won't come at a high price because of the linkage or Mounts going through the Tranny or Engine Components. I'm sure the more Seasoned TrailVoyers will give you thread links to what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ill def have to look into tires like that do you know of any??

·
Registered
294 Posts
You can go with the smaxx spacers 2.5 inches up front and z71 springs and shocks in rear with/without a spacer, or a full 2 inch bds suspension lift front and rear, and on top of the bds or smaxx suspension you can go with the bds 2 inch body lift. So with that you can get atleast 4.5" inches of lift from that then you add bigger tires then you add a little more to that.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at Dizzlenator's he just got his done "My lift consists of the Smaxx 2.5" spacers, Bilstein HD fronts, 09 Tahoe Z71 rears, 1.5" spacers from Fred @ wheeladapter.com, and 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains." it looks good nice and even. If I go with 2.5" in the rear as well would it make it on even??

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you go with Z71 springs and shocks on the rear with the 2.5' up front it will make your tb level. Mine sits pretty level and thats the setup i have. I would go with a small spacer which will give a little rake.

Yes a 2.5" with springs and shocks on the rear would be way uneven you would be nose down in the ground and i dont think that would even be safe....

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
tires

well ill def have to look into tires like that do you know of any??
check out the directionsl General Grabber UHP. I have them and they are really nice tires besides having the lip protection. Out of 19 tires on a list they were 2nd only by a hair for all aspects of perfomance and price. I have 275/45/20 on my TBSS.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for your setup?? Including labor unless you did it urself?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Smaxx spacer 2.5" up front i think was $150, rear z71 springs and shocks $80, next is BDS body and 33in tires

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats not a bad price at all, and free labor lmao. Oh where did you buy everything from if you can remember? Also I know theres forms on here that tell you how to do the install but is it pretty easy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts