Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The truck wont go past 107-108. Is there anyway to change the limiter on it? Why do they make the trucks speedo to read 120 but make it to where you will never get it going that fast?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea i took the stock wheels off and put some real ones on...lol. Someone should do a step by step instructions on how to remove the thing and put it on this site.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure about everyone elses posts or how speed regulators work and all the semantics behind this but I do know that I have had my 02 TB LS completely stock up to about 123 or so. That was on stock tires and no tuning or anything. Also I've had the ol girl at or above 110 several times with no problems. However, at about 125 or so(past the last # on the speedometer) she does want to shut down. I noticed this at 123ish and let off the gas. Oh and PS... I beat that little POS mustang that thought he was something....:woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
When are people going to learn that these speeds are for the track only...not the traffic light grand prix. God help you if you hit someone. :no:

Matt

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
541 Posts
My assumption was the speed limiter can never be removed. It can only be raised to a value that can never be achieved. Raise it to 255 lol

I agree with the previous post, no reason to ever drive over 100. The problem is that even if they check a rear view mirror, at 65 they might not see you coming at that rate of speed. Here in Texas some areas are a legal 80Mph I believe, this gives you an extra 10mph to pass. so go 90 in Texas :)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
My assumption was the speed limiter can never be removed. It can only be raised to a value that can never be achieved. Raise it to 255 lol
If you want to get technical, then yes, 255 is the highest the speed limiter can be raised to on every GM PCM/ECM Ive seen. Think about it, 0-255 = 256 unique values, 256 is 2^8 which is the maximum limit for a lot of things computer related. (Sorry, we were talking about binary tree searches and log2 stuff today in class :bonk:)

Thats where my 02 sits at, it doesnt pull over 129-132mph though...the SS however I assume will. Only had it to 125. (and it got there waaay faster than the 02 ever did)

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
When are people going to learn that these speeds are for the track only...not the traffic light grand prix. God help you if you hit someone. :no:

Matt
:iagree:,,im a speed freak as much as the next guy but cmon!! Is it important to go over 100 even on the interstate in a top heavy suv??:rolleyes:,,,do people really think that when they fly past a car on the road or when they make these threads that other people are saying "wow that guy is cool"?,,um no their saying "what a dumb azz"!...if you want something to go that fast you shouldnt of bought a suv...BUT since it sounds like you dead set on killing yourself, please go out on a country road somewhere where you cant kill anybody else:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
27 Posts
I think the only people who need the limiters raised are those who track their Trailblazers and Envoys, like the member who is doing the Turbo build(I can't remember his SN off of the top of my head).

Patrick

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
123 Posts
i have had my envoy to about 110 or so and i have been driving for a while. When it get to 110 and it feels like i am floating and the slight steering feels like a boat rudder its no fun. Y would you want to bring you vehicle to much over that. Yes you can do it but your not the only one who drives on the road if you want to bring it above that bring it to a track and do it safely. on short trips you will only seriously gain a few minutes getting to your destination at those speeds compaired to speed limit. Now those few min you gain will be take the moment you get pulled over.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts

Matt
Since we lost my little sister - 2 months old - thats 15 years ago because a teenager driving at 190 km , I am no longer driving fast .
I know that talking about this is not good here
But to remember, the high speed probably hurting others and hurting ourselves also :worried:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
28 Posts
Export market TB have a 120 mph (192 km/h) speed limiter and that's faster than I want to go in one. With the experience of driving on German Autobahn, speed vs. time saved, 85 mph seem to be the ideal cruising speed. Even if the road is clear from other traffic, I have to push hard to save more time than just a few minutes. Driving very fast for a whole day feels similar to drink a gallon of Mountain Dew afterwards. If I want to drive faster, wherever it's okay to do so, I have other cars that are built for speed.

Sammy Hagar said, Drive carefully, your mother may want to see you again.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
I CAN tell you my Garmin proves over & over & over &over again, Drive like H*ll! & you only gain a minute or 2.:hissy: You might gain more if all the planets are aligned or something but just not worth the risk most of the time.:( No kidding........ Soapbox; Beating your ride all by yourself is one thing add a Passenger or worse a MORON in another lane could spell Death.... I have had the displeasure of seeing happen and then hands on experience in the aftermath of saving one Bud while watching the other Die. (While people watched & would not help) A horror you don't want to have live the rest of your life with so, You know I'm going to say it; Please slow down.:m2: Cripes I'm old! when did this happen:worried:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
I'm from Greece (Europe) and went to Germany 3 weeks ago to visit my parents. I have a 2005 TB LT w/22' and 265/35-22 Dunlop SportMaxx on it. I have the PCM tune and the speed limiter deleted. Right from my navi system I went up to 224km/h in the "cold" night at 10 degrees, 102 octane Shell fuel and very empty flat and straight german autobahn. The speedometer already stopped working ;o).

Kind regards.

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Lol this thread reminds me of a time this past summer when I was driving up north on the highway.. I was going probobly 75 - 80.. a good rate of speed and then I look back and I see this guy on a motorcycle shooting up out of nowere and fly past me... keep in mind i was already going 80 and at the rate he came up to me and flew past me, he was ATLEAST going 115 +

I then thought to myself, that guys an Idiot hes going to crash... and then literally swear to god not even 60 seconds later I see the dude dump it and go sliding down the road with his bike in fifty peices

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is my first post .... However, there are those of us who are talented enough to pilot a vast array of vehicles past 80 mph. Why did I change my speed limiter ? 3 words Silver State Classic. Google it. I've kissed 198 in bonneville on my ninja. my vette saw 186 there also. my 240sx got clocked at 160 in the classic 3yrs ago.we're aiming for 130 avg speed in the TB this year with the new mods. So in closing, bash the street racers all you want BUT some of us are actually doing this legally.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm from Greece (Europe) and went to Germany 3 weeks ago to visit my parents. I have a 2005 TB LT w/22' and 265/35-22 Dunlop SportMaxx on it. I have the PCM tune and the speed limiter deleted. Right from my navi system I went up to 224km/h in the "cold" night at 10 degrees, 102 octane Shell fuel and very empty flat and straight german autobahn. The speedometer already stopped working ;o).

Kind regards.

Mike
Now I am German, and I drove cars (BMW) as fast as about 235 km/h (146mp/h) without a problem.
But I would NEVER use an SUV to go this fast.
You Mike and everybody else that tries to go this fast as you said, is a reckless driver in my eyes.

Did you ever think about what happens when you have to avoid someone that is on the same lane as you are? Specially at night when you can't see one kilometer ahead of you.
There are always people that for some reason have broken lights or there lights can't be seen from far away.

By the way, normal tires as you probably have them on your TB are not made for cold weather, so you would have had problems braking as well.

You Mike are just reckless without keeping in mind that driving a vehicle is not a right its a privilege.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Since we lost my little sister - 2 months old - thats 15 years ago because a teenager driving at 190 km , I am no longer driving fast .
I know that talking about this is not good here
But to remember, the high speed probably hurting others and hurting ourselves also :worried:
Sorry for your lost, but it's not the speed that kills, is the reckless driver that uses this speed while not thinking about there consequences.
There are quite a lot of cars, not SUV's that can be handled at any speed they can make. I don't think SUV's should be driven this fast unless it's a live and dead situation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts