Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a dumb question especially for a forum but I was wondering if anyone is just going to leave their TBSS stock, absolutely NO MODS. I plan to do just that, just leave it like it came, drive it, enjoy it, maintain it. I know there will be some to say that "you don't deserve a performance vehicle, if you don't mod it" and "you should have just bought a regular TB". But I really like the looks and performance of this truck as it is. Might be nice, years from now for people to see a "from factory" TBSS.

However, I have much respect for people that do modifications to these vehicles and praise their outcome, especially the nice track numbers.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
I know it is a big temptation or desire to mod the truck. However, if I were ever to buy a used TB SS I would seriously desire a "virgin" :D

This from someone who has done a lot of mods to my past vehicles. :yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
185 Posts
I added a bug shield, window vent shades--the kind that fit inside the window frame (so you can have the window open a bit without rain getting in, and they deflect some of the wind when the window's open), front factory molded mud flaps (to keep the lower body cleaner), and some side rails (my wife's short, and she complained about the climb inside). All are easily removeable if so desired. As far as mechanical mods, I can't see a reason why. The performance is great the way it is, and you can only go so fast. If I were 30 years younger and had a lot of $$ to throw away, maybe I'd go that route, but (to me) it certainly isn't worth the time or expense.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added a bug shield, window vent shades--the kind that fit inside the window frame (so you can have the window open a bit without rain getting in, and they deflect some of the wind when the window's open), front factory molded mud flaps (to keep the lower body cleaner), and some side rails (my wife's short, and she complained about the climb inside). All are easily removeable if so desired. As far as mechanical mods, I can't see a reason why. The performance is great the way it is, and you can only go so fast. If I were 30 years younger and had a lot of $$ to throw away, maybe I'd go that route, but (to me) it certainly isn't worth the time or expense.

Yep, I did about the same, bug shield and #4 mud flaps to keep down the rock chips. No mechanical/suspension mods.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
Not gonna be worth anything in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 years. Mod it and drive the **** out of it.:D

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Are you sure about that, take a look at the syclone and typhone:confused: it was built 10+ years ago:undecided
They were a little bit more unique if I remember back that far. I know people want the SS to be like a GN or something but it was never intended to be a collectors item. Expect a 20-30% drop in value the first year and you'll enjoy the car.

Remember that when the SS first came out, people were dropping $40-$45k to get one. Now it is around $30-35k maybe.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
703 Posts
IF I had an SS it would maybe get a tune and lowered.:undecided My LS is gonna have to do for now..I also want a tune and coils/shocks for it.:yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
Are you sure about that, take a look at the syclone and typhone:confused: it was built 10+ years ago:undecided
Sorry dude...nothing too special about the SS. Too many built already. Go to any lot and you can find one sitting there. I don't think our dealers here even had a Sy or Ty.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They were a little bit more unique if I remember back that far. I know people want the SS to be like a GN or something but it was never intended to be a collectors item. Expect a 20-30% drop in value the first year and you'll enjoy the car.

Remember that when the SS first came out, people were dropping $40-$45k to get one. Now it is around $30-35k maybe.
It happens with all the first year. You never no what people will take a likeing to in years to come. Two words BARRETT JACKSON WHO would have thought a GM bus would have sold for 4 million, last year.now i understand this is a suv but you never :undecided I have a few other cars in my stable like my 69 SS 396/375 hp Chevelle matching #s car with 37,000 orig miles (was my dads) around $3,675 new now worth 20 times that.Do i think that the SS trailblazer is going to do the same prob NOT but it will have a place in history.:)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry dude...nothing too special about the SS. Too many built already. Go to any lot and you can find one sitting there. I don't think our dealers here even had a Sy or Ty.
I agree. The SS is a dime a dozen right now. It was hard to even see a Typhoon when they came out. Plus the Typhoon was a ton more money when you factor in the value of it back in the day. The TBSS would have to cost $60,000 to be equal in present value.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I planned to leave mine stock, until I realized 400 hp in a Trailblazer is not that exiting :sleepy: Probably because I came from my 5 speed 05 GT. It feels great for a while but within a few weeks I wanted more. I still want it reliable and to remain a full daily driver but other than that I want all the power I can get from this pig. Now $$ is the only restraint I have :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. The SS is a dime a dozen right now. It was hard to even see a Typhoon when they came out. Plus the Typhoon was a ton more money when you factor in the value of it back in the day. The TBSS would have to cost $60,000 to be equal in present value.
Not exactly a dime a dozen. I was in LA (4 million people) the last two weeks and I went to 14 Chevrolet dealerships to try to show my Dad what I bought and no dealer had them. When asked, they said "we might get one in next week". They are by no means rare, but you do not see them every day (unless your in New Jersey, for some reason). When in LA, I saw 2 of them on the road in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
836 Posts

Anyone who paid $40-45k for an SS didn't do any negotiating:confused: . I got mine in Dec 2005 and I paid $34k for mine before incentives and rebates and trading my 02 TB LTZ (I owned it):D . $23,600 out the door:yes: . ( I know that's not the norm)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,196 Posts
Not exactly a dime a dozen. I was in LA (4 million people) the last two weeks and I went to 14 Chevrolet dealerships to try to show my Dad what I bought and no dealer had them. When asked, they said "we might get one in next week". They are by no means rare, but you do not see them every day (unless your in New Jersey, for some reason). When in LA, I saw 2 of them on the road in 2 weeks.
I live in a town with 40000 people and there's like 17 running around and about 10 at the dealer.lol Now the SRT8 Jeep there is none, and that still won't be worth anything. Believe it or not I was reading in a collector car magazine, and they said the Pontiac Aztec will be a collectors item..go figure lol

·
Registered
2006 chevy
185 Posts
I have seen exactly 3 on the road since they came out--2 here in Portland (both silver--maybe the same one) and one in Seattle. Perhaps they're common in other areas, but not here. As far as dealers having a lot of them, my dealer had to get mine from Tacoma, WA to find one that I wanted, and there were only 3 in Portland dealer's stock. It's not LA, but there are about 1 million in the Portland metro area, so it's not exactly rural. As far as future value, it will certainly be worth more than the regular TB's, and a stock car will ALWAYS have a greater value than a modified one.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree, not exactly common here either. I've seen about 5 and two were during spring break so they probably aren't even locals. I've seen more C6 Z06's here :eek: if you can believe it :yes: I've seen one SRT-8 and I was able to stop and talk to him for a while, cool guy :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will be leaving the SS stock until I decide if I'm keeping it or not. I want a tune and exhaust, but why spend the money if I'm getting something else by the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts