2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill bring my truck to u for lessons and pay

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
Just get your self some products and trial and error. I dont use a da either i do all my paint correction by hand. Best way to learn is to try. Try different techniques on each panel until u get results u want. Watch youtube videos too. You got this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get your self some products and trial and error. I dont use a da either i do all my paint correction by hand. Best way to learn is to try. Try different techniques on each panel until u get results u want. Watch youtube videos too. You got this

Ill try...you give alot of motivation!!!

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
That because I believe anyone can do anything if they try and try. Sure you mess up, but if u think u can and really try you can do it. Best way is to try and do. I was always taught that growing up and try to instill that in my kids as well. If my youngest wants to work on cars or become a doctor i will always believe in her and reapect her decision to do or be whatever she wants. Those were just 2 examples of jobs from different spectrums.

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For paint correction and polishing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Learned lots...no major results because of the fluctuating weather we been having....but summer 2020 I'm going to make that truck looking dripping wet.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
lessons Ive learned from my summer car paint correction.

use
Meguiar's

Ultimate line of products.
had amazing results,.

wash it well, dry it well.

apply Meguiar's Ultimate compound, by hand or a DA (way faster), I use a simoniz DA bought on sale cheap. , small circular motions, change polishing bonnets and change microfiber cloths regular.

then, use Meguiar's Ultimate polish, gentler than the compound, adds a finished look.

I ended up doing 2 complete corrections using the compound and 1 using the polish.

the difference is insane.

·
Registered
2006 GMC ENVOY XL DENALI
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My only issue about the compound is applying the right amount of pressure to the paint with a polisher....there are many different machines out there but unreliability is key because I will being using this machine at home alot

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
631 Posts
best advice as you get the hang of it.

whatever machine you use, do not use pressure, use the weight of the machine as the guide.

make a few passes left to right, then up and down, when all the compound is hazy and gone, buff it with microfibberr in circular motion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts