Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is anyone from the Spokane area. Would be cool to meet up and check out each others rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just wondering if there is anyone from the Spokane area. Would be cool to meet up and check out each others rides.
There are several on here from Spokane. I grew up there, but now I live back east. Whereabouts in spokane are you from?

Reppin' 99019 baby!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live on the north side off of francis and indian trail. But i work at custom truck in the valley if you know where that is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live on the north side off of francis and indian trail. But i work at custom truck in the valley if you know where that is.
Is that the one on Sprague and Argonne? I remember an Ultimate Truck too? Used to have a Silverado SS and I picked up a hitch and a K&N intake at whichever one is at sprague and argonne. By the way, that is a decent drive you are making every day no matter where it is in the valley!

I grew up on the south hill when I younger and then liberty lake when I was a bit older.

PM if you want the names of some other members in spokane.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That must of been ultimate truck. We're on spauge and park right by dishman dodge. PM sent.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That must of been ultimate truck. We're on spauge and park right by dishman dodge. PM sent.
Nevermind i know exactly where that is. There is a big auto paint distributor down there. Like KC auto paint or something? I used to go to Sound Mart which was down by that Zips.....man I am missing spokane. Also I think there is a Nissan dealer somewhere around there.

A couple years ago Dishman Dodge has a SRT/10 Truck on the showroom for several months. Every time I would come back from school to visit spokane, I would go in there pretending to want to buy it just to get myself a half hour test drive. I think I even got one of the salesmen twice. They also had a black viper that they could never sell, but somehow I couldn't convince them that I was at that level.:D

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya thats the area. We're like a half a block from kc auto paint and like a block from Jeremko Nisson. Let me know if you every come back to the spokane area.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Since you've already PM'ed me, I feel this is sort of redundant but Im at Gonzaga University in Spokane.

If you guys want to meet up Id love to get out and do something on a Sat/Sun afternoon, I get kinda bored here not having my TB and being stuck on campus 24/7. And I have EFILive so scanning/tuning is available to, I can do a CASE relearn if you get a mail order tune.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
11 Posts
Hey I'm also a student at GU. Just joined the forum, looking for some ways to pick up my mpg.

Scarab - I think I see your white tb around dussault all the time. I drive the red ltz usually parked in the Kennedy parking lot if you've ever seen it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep that would be Erik(ScarabEpic22). Erik can tune your pcm to get more power and better mpg. And i would also recommend a cold air intake. We should meet up some time so you can check out our trailblazers so you can get some ideas for some modding.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool, I sent him a pm so hopefully I can get a tune. What kind of MPG boost can I expect from a tune? I've been getting 16-17 mpg on the freeway, and about 12 in town since I only take short trips when my engine is still cold.

What other mods are worthwhile? Is a k&n really worth $60 or would it be cheaper to just keep the stock filter?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Hey Kyle, yea mine is that white one thats bombing around most of the time. You should come take a ride in my 02 with my tune, CAI and exhaust to see the difference. Plus it depends a lot on what gears you have, check the glovebox for these codes:
GU6-3.42
GT4-3.73
GT5-4.10

Ive got the 3.73s and wish I had the 4.10s but such is life. Since you have an LTZ theres a really good chance you have them.

As for mileage, you'll get maybe 1-2 boost on the hwy but Im getting about 12-13 city now because its all really short trips around campus. No way around that, especially when its this cold out the PCM dumps fuel to try and warm it up as fast as possible. But in all honesty the tune is worth it just for the transmission shifting and the extra power, IMO the mileage is a highly desirable side effect. :yes:

Get a CAI, not the filter but the whole intake setup. Run you anywhere from $150-250 depending on where and which one you buy. So worth it, Ill find you on facebook and we'll figure out a time you can come take a ride.

Im back in Seattle for the weekend so it'll have to be sometime next week or next weekend.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Kyle, yea mine is that white one thats bombing around most of the time. You should come take a ride in my 02 with my tune, CAI and exhaust to see the difference. Plus it depends a lot on what gears you have, check the glovebox for these codes:
GU6-3.42
GT4-3.73
GT5-4.10

Ive got the 3.73s and wish I had the 4.10s but such is life. Since you have an LTZ theres a really good chance you have them.

As for mileage, you'll get maybe 1-2 boost on the hwy but Im getting about 12-13 city now because its all really short trips around campus. No way around that, especially when its this cold out the PCM dumps fuel to try and warm it up as fast as possible. But in all honesty the tune is worth it just for the transmission shifting and the extra power, IMO the mileage is a highly desirable side effect. :yes:

Get a CAI, not the filter but the whole intake setup. Run you anywhere from $150-250 depending on where and which one you buy. So worth it, Ill find you on facebook and we'll figure out a time you can come take a ride.

Im back in Seattle for the weekend so it'll have to be sometime next week or next weekend.
You only get 12 in the city? Damn i am getting 15.4 (according to my scangauge) and it's all city driving to and from school. I took a drive out to cda i got about 22.2 going there and back.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
You only get 12 in the city? Damn i am getting 15.4 (according to my scangauge) and it's all city driving to and from school. I took a drive out to cda i got about 22.2 going there and back.
Yea man, like 80% of my trips are less than 2 miles each way. Needless to say I usually never get heat either as it doesnt really kick in til like the 1/4 mark on the temp guage, and my truck never warms up. Sometimes Ill just go drive for 15-20mins to get everything at least partially warmed up. I got like 18 from spokane to seattle yesterday with cruise on 80 plus having this box on top of my TB Im pretty sure takes like a mpg or 2 away, even worse wind resistance!:mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I drive about the same like Erik, most of my trips are 2 miles or less. Car never gets warm, plus I think winter gas in washington is 10% ethanol which doesn't help.

I was camping this weekend and got 17 on the highway with cruise on 75, not too bad. However I'm going on a road trip for spring break so every little mpg helps.

Do the 4.10's get the worst mileage or the best? I'll check and see what I have.

Erik, we'll have to get in touch, I'm curious to see how good this tune is.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Yeah I drive about the same like Erik, most of my trips are 2 miles or less. Car never gets warm, plus I think winter gas in washington is 10% ethanol which doesn't help.

I was camping this weekend and got 17 on the highway with cruise on 75, not too bad. However I'm going on a road trip for spring break so every little mpg helps.

Do the 4.10's get the worst mileage or the best? I'll check and see what I have.

Erik, we'll have to get in touch, I'm curious to see how good this tune is.
No kidding, this winter blend seems to be worse than years past. Could be my imagination or something but I seem to remember getting better mileage in Seattle 2 years ago, like 1-2 better. I got about 18-19 driving home to seattle from spokane with cruise set at 75-80.

4.10s have the worse mileage, faster acceleration and towing capacity. 3.42s are the hwy cruisers, less acceleration and lower towing capacity. So I got the middle ones...

Kyle Im finding you on facebook now and Ill be in touch.:cool:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man you have the 3.73 gears too. I wish i had those.:sadcry: I got the 3.42 and slow, but it's an suv so i can't complain too much. Going to de-rack my TB today:woot:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
47 Posts
Valley kid

Hey all ! Another Spokane guy here. Born and raised here in the valley. Just traded my 02 TB in for a 08 Envoy and man what a difference. Got the 100K warranty on it too. The 02 was getting tired so time to update.
Flyfisher...Are you a fellow flyfisher too? I just got back into it this year after a lot of years fishing Pend Orielle. Forgot how enjoyable and fun it is. i sure need to practice tho. The fish are winning this year but I'll get em.:tiphat

1 - 20 of 65 Posts