Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
12 Posts
I think right after the thaw-out, I'll drop the diff and reseal and service it and then decide if I wanna put the Lunch Box in it or not. In the meantime, I'll get in touch with whomever makes and markets that unit, to find if they either have or don't have something that's gonna fit.
Be sure to cover the audible noise aspect of operation. The ones I've been around 2 decades ago, have been aggravatingly noisy - but only when turning of course (on an otherwise normal / quieter exhaust system vehicle). As others have pointed out, this is usually for more serious off roading, rather than a multip purpose / season 4WDriver. t

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
12 Posts
Be sure to cover the audible noise aspect of operation. The ones I've been around 2 decades ago, have been aggravatingly noisy - but only when turning of course (on an otherwise normal / quieter exhaust system vehicle). As others have pointed out, this is usually for more serious off roading, rather than a multip purpose / season 4WDriver. t
Although it is significantly easier and quicker to install than a conventional limited slip, if I understand the operation of the one in the illustration - it attains more equal distribution through a stick slip ratcheting mechanism - that's a rather crude operation - that is noticeably more apparent in a front axle than a rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts