Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle_xl
389 Posts
Hey

Not really a Mainer but my son lives in Farmingdale and I travel there quite a bit to see him. Are you the fellow who works at the Lobster store? Anyhow, I know you posted this quite a while back, but thought I just say Hi. Cheers.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Just wondering how many people from maine are here?
Damn, no replies..... What a suprise....
Hey Guys, I checked this thread because I go into Maine a lot. We love your beaches.
I went into Members List (Resources, black menu bar) and went to members search. Select the advance search feature, enter "maine" in the location field and it returns 14 hits. Probably a lot more using ME

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
Born in Biddeford, raised in Saco before moving here when I was 3. Grandparents lived in Auburn until they both passed parents just sold their house there. Still go up tha coast every year.
Nice to hear from a fellow Saco resident even if a former resident :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
143 Posts
I work in Fryeburg and live in North Conway NH...

·
Registered
79 Posts
west bath, ME here. born in wiscasset in a house next to a graveyard and grew up on Westport island going to wiscasset schools then moved to brunswick. brunswick schools from 6-12 grade and now im living in west bath and going to school in portland every day! now that you guys know my life story i can be stalked a lot easier... sketchy:ugh:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
We visited Old Orchard Beach last summer and it was beautiful, first time seeing the ocean for all 3 of us. We are planning a few trips for the summer and that one will probably be on our list.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We visited Old Orchard Beach last summer and it was beautiful, first time seeing the ocean for all 3 of us. We are planning a few trips for the summer and that one will probably be on our list.
OOB is a fun beach, but it's too much like everywhere else!!! overcrowded with people and just.. i dunno, fake. you need to hit the backwood beaches like Reid State Park in Georgetown (very easy to get to) or Popham Beach which has forts you can explore while overlooking the ocean. both a little more north of OOB but Reid state has actual rock surfaces and no shops or anything like that(they do have a snack bar, and a lagoon you can swim in )

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,251 Posts
That sounds real nice, we just recently started traveling out of Canada so we have a lot of ground to cover. After Carlisle we plan on driving down to North Carolina for a tune, I can't send the pcm in so I figure I would go right there. Then we plan on driving down to Myrtle Beach for a few days, should be a nice trip!

·
Registered
79 Posts
my grand parents live in Myrtle Beach, that place is fun as a honey bun even if you are just sitting around relaxing. they get a lot of random burts of rain storms so bring some ponchos. make sure to check out the Apache pier (longest pier on the east coast) my grandparents lived a 2 minute walking distance from there before they moved more inland. anyway the apache pier has a little camp ground that you can rent a spot at (it is not the wilderness at all, its just a bunch of lots next to the beach) but i think they have cabin rentals as well. The pier has a really nice beach with 80 degree (F) water and an arcade and fish shop at the beginning, you can fish off the pier (i caught a shark and a sea turtle once! had to let them both go though) and you used to be able to rent beach bikes which were sweet, that place disappeared though
well anyway have fun there, its a blast (especially if you like golfing)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts