Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
The truth is, all we can do is make the peculiar "ricer" sound of our double overhead cam straight 6 sound louder and more annoying, but never "rumble" like a pushrod v-8 or even the 4.3 v-6, which is merely a 350 chevy v-8 with two cylinders missing.

Our engines "buzz" not rumble.

Further, the factory exhaust is already quite efficient and going larger often does not help much, and may actually hurt because it removes any scavaging effect from a properly-sized exhaust system.

I did a resonator delete on mine and it has just enough sound to set it apart from the other more silent TVs, but I'd not want it "loud" nor will it EVER have anything close to the sound of the SS, which -- again -- has that pushrod v-8 engine.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
it is the ENGINE not the EXHAUST that makes it sound "ricey" for we have a rice-type engine design.

Removing or modifying any part of the exhaust will make the engine's rice sound grow louder.

But, a resonator delete is not the same as adding a "fart can" aka, the rice-style exhaust sound magnifier device that so many use (with their liberal addition of yellow paint, all of which MUST add 100 hp to any already vehicle... :woot: ) so one does not get that annoying sound, just a tad louder and more aggressive. But, it still sounds like what it sounds like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts