Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a traiblazer with a 4.2 inline, and I want to make it sound better. It is almost silent right now with the stock exhaust. :sleepy: I wanna hear the thing!
The problem is, six cylinder engines can sound like tuners depending on what is done to them. I am looking for a more rumble like sound of a classic car maybe or a lifted truck. I don't know. I just don't want a chevy that sounds like a toyota.
I know someone who has an s10 4.3 that sounds awesome. It has a great low rumble and you can hear it comming. It has twin pipes and that's all he knows about it, so I know it is possible.
I have considered a resonator delete, but that gives it a tuner sound from what I heard. Maybe a glass pack is all I need. I don't know. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I've been lookin at flowmasters too. One of my friends even suggested a g35. Do you know how those compare to magnaflow?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, that's kind of what I thought, but I was hoping there was a way. Does the resonator delete sound ricey? Or only at a high rpm?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is the ENGINE not the EXHAUST that makes it sound "ricey" for we have a rice-type engine design.

Removing or modifying any part of the exhaust will make the engine's rice sound grow louder.

But, a resonator delete is not the same as adding a "fart can" aka, the rice-style exhaust sound magnifier device that so many use (with their liberal addition of yellow paint, all of which MUST add 100 hp to any already vehicle... :woot: ) so one does not get that annoying sound, just a tad louder and more aggressive. But, it still sounds like what it sounds like.
Good to know. I thank that might be what I am heading towards. Thanks fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts