Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
The mirror I have on it right now has the plug in the back and its hooked up, but I think its only for the airbag light and the on star. I dont see alittle box in the corner for temp or compass. How much would you want for the mirror? Ill buy the $10 piece if you dont mind helping me do it?

My CAI only cost me $5. lol, Small piece of pvc at Home depot did the trick. It looks good and performs the same as a $400 intake.

Ya, you will have to see my taillights first. I still have half a can of VHT niteshades and clear coat.

I did the exhaust my self in 25 minutes. So easy to do. I bought a nice pipe at Crappy tire and an exhaust clamp. Its been on there almost since day 1 and I havent had a problem with it.

The heat has been killing me lol. The wife and I live in a townhouse and yesterday the temp was 26 inside:sadcry: 2 days ago I pulled the TB out on the drive way and used my pressure washer to really get at it. Pissed some neighbors off because of the noise, but oh well. It looked great for about an hour until I took it out on the highway. Now the front end is covered with mosquitos. I think the temp is supposed to be 29 today:cool:

We should get together and have a Mod day!

The mirror I have on it right now has the plug in the back and its hooked up, but I think its only for the airbag light and the on star. I dont see alittle box in the corner for temp or compass. How much would you want for the mirror? Ill buy the $10 piece if you dont mind helping me do it?
Do you use your airbag light? The mirror I have doesn't have the indicator just temp and compass. Say $40 for the mirror? I'll give you the harness for the ambient sensor (grabbed 3 of them at Pick N Pull when the dealer wanted almost $40 for a standard freaking harness! :hissy:). For sure I can help you rig it up, I have some wire and connectors. Very satisfying to see the temp show up on the mirror after fiddling in the engine bay. :woot:

My CAI only cost me $5. lol, Small piece of pvc at Home depot did the trick. It looks good and performs the same as a $400 intake.
Nice, figured I would do something similar. Was it hard to put the flow sensor (or whatever the name is) in the pvc?

I did the exhaust my self in 25 minutes. So easy to do. I bought a nice pipe at Crappy tire and an exhaust clamp. Its been on there almost since day 1 and I havent had a problem with it.
Did you go stright out like the resonator or to the side? I'm thinking it might look good to have a stainless tip coming out the side behind the wheel.

The heat has been killing me lol. The wife and I live in a townhouse and yesterday the temp was 26 inside:sadcry: 2 days ago I pulled the TB out on the drive way and used my pressure washer to really get at it. Pissed some neighbors off because of the noise, but oh well. It looked great for about an hour until I took it out on the highway. Now the front end is covered with mosquitos. I think the temp is supposed to be 29 today:cool:

We should get together and have a Mod day!
Yeah, it has been harsh the past while. But I can't complain, at least it isn't raining. :)
Past couple days the temp my TB displays has been approaching 30 when it is sitting in the sun. Thank god for air conditioning in the TB! Wish I had it in the house...

Ok the mirror thing sounds good to me! I would love to see the temp and compass in the mirror.

I think you talking about the MAF sensor? or the breather from the res. I used the stock pipe where the MAF plugs into because I didnt really feel like mucking that up lol. The breather into the pvc pipe was very easy to do. Drilled a hole in it, and used JB Weld for keeping the stem on. Looked good and did the job. Right now Im in the works of making a better looking one with the built in heat sheild. Should only cost maybe $15 tops. lol

I went straight the back with the exhaust. Ive seen it out to the side and really like the look of that to. But I heard that every bend in your pipe is a loss of horse power. Makes sense to me.

Im really wishing I had AC in the house lol.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.