Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Greetings from Calgary

Hello All, Another one from Calgary here with an '02 TB LS 4.2L. It's been great so far but things are starting to go on it. Still far cheaper to keep it than get something new. It is awesome on slippery roads (providing 4x4 is working) and a comfortable ride during the non-winter months.

Currently, I believe the TCCM has given up on me. I called the Stealership & they want $600 for it and ebay doesn't seem to have anything. The dealership almost had me too because of the wonderful fluff we're getting tonight (but cheapness won out and I'm still looking for a cheaper alternative). I have a few other minor issues that I need to have taken care of - typical maintenance related and some environmental (Remember to exercise and lube your tire winch!).

Scan Tool

Another Calgary Trailblazer. Sure do see a lot of them around the city!

Anyone in Calgary have access to a GM Scan Tool for doing a Case relearn?
Got a PCM For Less tune and am a little nervous about going to the dealer and having them over-charge and/or re-flash my PCM.

Another Calgary Trailblazer. Sure do see a lot of them around the city!

Anyone in Calgary have access to a GM Scan Tool for doing a Case relearn?
Got a PCM For Less tune and am a little nervous about going to the dealer and having them over-charge and/or re-flash my PCM.
Hey man! Nice to see another calgary member. To do a case relearn, dont you just need to disconnect the battery for 30 mins? Ive got a bunch of buddies that work at jack carter and south gate. They have scanned all my stuff free of charge. You can also go to auto value and they scan for free. We should meet up so I can check this pcmforless tune. I had mine tunned by someone else so it would be interesting to see the diff.

No, disconnecting the battery is only step towards a "Security" relearn not a case relearn . When changing the PCM a case relearn is still required.

I had South Auto Pro do mine a few years back for a case of beer.... just phoned them.... they want me to book in my vehicle and the whole nine. told the guy to go shove it. Still looking to see who else does it without charging a half hour of labor for what is literally a 2 min operation to complete.

Phone around and tell people you replaced your Crankshaft Angle Sensor, most people understand what you require after you tell them that

I went with a loaner program from PCM4less...dealerships in the city are stupid...did not know what I was talking about...also was afraid that they would reflash my pcm so that is the reason I wient with that route......welcome from the better city of Edmonton....lol

I went with a loaner program from PCM4less...dealerships in the city are stupid...did not know what I was talking about...also was afraid that they would reflash my pcm so that is the reason I wient with that route......welcome from the better city of Edmonton....lol
Better city..... thems fightin words lol. We need to somehow get a calgary and surrounding area meet going. That would be awesome to see some of you guys. You will see mine if you drive around lots. Its the big silver one with markmc decals all over it lol.

I had South Auto Pro do mine a few years back for a case of beer.... just phoned them.... they want me to book in my vehicle and the whole nine. told the guy to go shove it. Still looking to see who else does it without charging a half hour of labor for what is literally a 2 min operation to complete.

Phone around and tell people you replaced your Crankshaft Angle Sensor, most people understand what you require after you tell them that
Yeah, I wish my mechanic had a GM Scan Tool. All he has is a code reader to see and clear codes.

Any chance somewhere like NAPA or Canadian Tire would have a Scan Tool and not charge a huge amount to do the relearn?

Yeah, I wish my mechanic had a GM Scan Tool. All he has is a code reader to see and clear codes.

Any chance somewhere like NAPA or Canadian Tire would have a Scan Tool and not charge a huge amount to do the relearn?
I wouldnt let Canadian Tire touch my TB even if they paid me. You could always call NAPA and ask them. Ill talk to my buddy at southgate and see if he can sneak you in. Southgates in the S.E. by Lake Sundance. Can you drive there if I can get him to sneak you in. It would be free...

I wouldnt let Canadian Tire touch my TB even if they paid me. You could always call NAPA and ask them. Ill talk to my buddy at southgate and see if he can sneak you in. Southgates in the S.E. by Lake Sundance. Can you drive there if I can get him to sneak you in. It would be free...
Yeah, that would be great! I'd drive anywhere in Calgary. :D

Yeah, that would be great! I'd drive anywhere in Calgary. :D
Sounds good. Ill call him after work. Ill send you a PM with the time and date. Look forward to meeting you as well. Doesnt seem like any calgary Trailvoyers come on this site much... I see 5 TB's every day on the way to work. And there the same ones.

Sounds good. Ill call him after work. Ill send you a PM with the time and date. Look forward to meeting you as well. Doesnt seem like any calgary Trailvoyers come on this site much... I see 5 TB's every day on the way to work. And there the same ones.
Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I see a bunch going too and from work on the Deerfoot as well as in my neighborhood. There looks to be an Envoy on my street that took off the side mouldings but left his Envoy badges on.

Would love to see how your lift looks as I am trying to convince the wife that it would look better than stock. No luck so far. :no:

Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I see a bunch going too and from work on the Deerfoot as well as in my neighborhood. There looks to be an Envoy on my street that took off the side mouldings but left his Envoy badges on.

Would love to see how your lift looks as I am trying to convince the wife that it would look better than stock. No luck so far. :no:
Ya it took me lots of convincing to get the wifey to "approve it". I get compliments on it every day. If you decide to do the lift Im more then happy to help you install it. Took me about 2.5 hours. Ive seen so many TB's and Voys with mods lately. Last week before the long weekend I had to renew my registration and parked front bumper to front bumper with another TB. Started walking away and looked back and couldnt believe how small my TB was before lol.

Ya it took me lots of convincing to get the wifey to "approve it". I get compliments on it every day. If you decide to do the lift Im more then happy to help you install it. Took me about 2.5 hours. Ive seen so many TB's and Voys with mods lately. Last week before the long weekend I had to renew my registration and parked front bumper to front bumper with another TB. Started walking away and looked back and couldnt believe how small my TB was before lol.
Haha, I bet. My TB is stock too, it'll look tiny next to yours. :eek:
How long have you had yours and how quickly did you do all your mods?

Haha, I bet. My TB is stock too, it'll look tiny next to yours. :eek:
How long have you had yours and how quickly did you do all your mods?
Ive had mine for 1 year and 4 months lol. Joined this site couple months ago and got the mod bug. Ive done all my mods in the last month and half. Lifted, 32" tires, 1.5" wheel spacers, smoked the taillights, exhaust(can help you with that to, about a $80 mod and so worth it!), carbon fiber badges, pfm chip, built my own intake, loud stereo. Couldnt help it lol. Ive been to Mclean Creek 6 times in the last 3 weeks lol. The wifey is more pissed about the car wash bills then the mods ive been doing.

Ive had mine for 1 year and 4 months lol. Joined this site couple months ago and got the mod bug. Ive done all my mods in the last month and half. Lifted, 32" tires, 1.5" wheel spacers, smoked the taillights, exhaust(can help you with that to, about a $80 mod and so worth it!), carbon fiber badges, pfm chip, built my own intake, loud stereo. Couldnt help it lol. Ive been to Mclean Creek 6 times in the last 3 weeks lol. The wifey is more pissed about the car wash bills then the mods ive been doing.
you should take a pic of that bad boy all dirty....lol....since I replaced the Envoy I am being haunted by it.....everywhere I go.....I see one.....

Ive had mine for 1 year and 4 months lol. Joined this site couple months ago and got the mod bug. Ive done all my mods in the last month and half.
Haha, wow. That is pretty quick! I've been trying to restrain myself so far. But I did do the minor Temperature Mirror and Cabin Air Filter mods.

Lifted, 32" tires, 1.5" wheel spacers
Notice much of a drop in fuel economy since you lifted and put the 32s on yours? I'm a little worried about making my TB super expensive to drive when all I usually do is tool around the city.

smoked the taillights
Not sure how I feel about the smoked taillights. Keep seeing them on a Neon in traffic on my way home from work.

exhaust(can help you with that to, about a $80 mod and so worth it!)
Which exhaust mod? Chopping the tin can off and putting on a stainless tip?

built my own intake
Love to see that CAI you built. Been considering doing the same to mine but haven't had the time or motivation.

The wifey is more pissed about the car wash bills then the mods ive been doing.
Haha, don't let the off-roaders hear you talk about washing your rig. :laugh:
I'm too cheap to pay for washing. I just use my condos crappy wash stall.

Lol, ya its been moving along at a good pace. Ive been wanting to do the mirror thing so bad, but Im not all that good with the electrical stuff. I read the "how to" and still dont get it...:bonk:

I have noticed alittle drop in fuel economy. Not much though. With the CAI, exhuast and chip it was really really good before the lift. It still is really good.

I wasnt to sure how I would like the smoked tailights at first, but now I love them. It changes the whole look of the truck from behinde (IMO).

For the exhaust all I was talking about was the Res Delete. I love the sound of my TB now. Sounds really good a WOT! I guess the CAI ect..really help out to.

The intake was so easy and really isnt all that special. I just wasnt paying $300-$400 for a K&N. Mine is still in the works. Its on there but Im going to be changing the look of it.

As far as washing it goes... We need to out here in Alberta. Mclean creek mud is so bad for a Truck. It sucks all the moisture out of everything which then creates rust.(As Im sure you know) The good old wash bays under ground. 3 years ago I used to live in Shawnessy in the condos right behinde Canadian tire. The wash bay wasnt to bad, but I usually got complaints from washing the mud off my Quads lol.

Lol, ya its been moving along at a good pace. Ive been wanting to do the mirror thing so bad, but Im not all that good with the electrical stuff. I read the "how to" and still dont get it...:bonk:
Fairly simple to do. Do you have the mirror? If not I have one, you'd just need the ambient temp sensor which is under $10 at the dealer.

I have noticed alittle drop in fuel economy. Not much though. With the CAI, exhuast and chip it was really really good before the lift. It still is really good.
Yeah, I have heard a CAI, tune and a better exhaust can help. Will be looking at doing that soon.

I wasnt to sure how I would like the smoked tailights at first, but now I love them. It changes the whole look of the truck from behinde (IMO).
Yeah, it would be nice to see how they look on a TB before I consider doing them myself.

For the exhaust all I was talking about was the Res Delete. I love the sound of my TB now. Sounds really good a WOT! I guess the CAI ect..really help out to.
Res Delete has been on my list of things to do. Did you have it done or did you buy the parts and do it yourself?

The intake was so easy and really isnt all that special. I just wasnt paying $300-$400 for a K&N. Mine is still in the works. Its on there but Im going to be changing the look of it.
True, kind of irritating to buy basically a piece of tube and a filter for several hundred.

As far as washing it goes... We need to out here in Alberta. Mclean creek mud is so bad for a Truck. It sucks all the moisture out of everything which then creates rust.(As Im sure you know) The good old wash bays under ground. 3 years ago I used to live in Shawnessy in the condos right behinde Canadian tire. The wash bay wasnt to bad, but I usually got complaints from washing the mud off my Quads lol.
True, I need to wash my TB. Gotten very lazy with this heat. Actually I was great about doing it during winter as I didn't want snow, ice and salt all over my TB. I should go wash it sometime this week.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.