Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Any Calgary TrailVoyers?

13K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  Trailboy1121 
Another Calgary Trailblazer. Sure do see a lot of them around the city!

Anyone in Calgary have access to a GM Scan Tool for doing a Case relearn?
Got a PCM For Less tune and am a little nervous about going to the dealer and having them over-charge and/or re-flash my PCM.
Hey man! Nice to see another calgary member. To do a case relearn, dont you just need to disconnect the battery for 30 mins? Ive got a bunch of buddies that work at jack carter and south gate. They have scanned all my stuff free of charge. You can also go to auto value and they scan for free. We should meet up so I can check this pcmforless tune. I had mine tunned by someone else so it would be interesting to see the diff.

I went with a loaner program from PCM4less...dealerships in the city are stupid...did not know what I was talking about...also was afraid that they would reflash my pcm so that is the reason I wient with that route......welcome from the better city of Edmonton....lol
Better city..... thems fightin words lol. We need to somehow get a calgary and surrounding area meet going. That would be awesome to see some of you guys. You will see mine if you drive around lots. Its the big silver one with markmc decals all over it lol.

Yeah, I wish my mechanic had a GM Scan Tool. All he has is a code reader to see and clear codes.

Any chance somewhere like NAPA or Canadian Tire would have a Scan Tool and not charge a huge amount to do the relearn?
I wouldnt let Canadian Tire touch my TB even if they paid me. You could always call NAPA and ask them. Ill talk to my buddy at southgate and see if he can sneak you in. Southgates in the S.E. by Lake Sundance. Can you drive there if I can get him to sneak you in. It would be free...

Yeah, that would be great! I'd drive anywhere in Calgary. :D
Sounds good. Ill call him after work. Ill send you a PM with the time and date. Look forward to meeting you as well. Doesnt seem like any calgary Trailvoyers come on this site much... I see 5 TB's every day on the way to work. And there the same ones.

Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I see a bunch going too and from work on the Deerfoot as well as in my neighborhood. There looks to be an Envoy on my street that took off the side mouldings but left his Envoy badges on.

Would love to see how your lift looks as I am trying to convince the wife that it would look better than stock. No luck so far. :no:
Ya it took me lots of convincing to get the wifey to "approve it". I get compliments on it every day. If you decide to do the lift Im more then happy to help you install it. Took me about 2.5 hours. Ive seen so many TB's and Voys with mods lately. Last week before the long weekend I had to renew my registration and parked front bumper to front bumper with another TB. Started walking away and looked back and couldnt believe how small my TB was before lol.

Haha, I bet. My TB is stock too, it'll look tiny next to yours. :eek:
How long have you had yours and how quickly did you do all your mods?
Ive had mine for 1 year and 4 months lol. Joined this site couple months ago and got the mod bug. Ive done all my mods in the last month and half. Lifted, 32" tires, 1.5" wheel spacers, smoked the taillights, exhaust(can help you with that to, about a $80 mod and so worth it!), carbon fiber badges, pfm chip, built my own intake, loud stereo. Couldnt help it lol. Ive been to Mclean Creek 6 times in the last 3 weeks lol. The wifey is more pissed about the car wash bills then the mods ive been doing.

Lol, ya its been moving along at a good pace. Ive been wanting to do the mirror thing so bad, but Im not all that good with the electrical stuff. I read the "how to" and still dont get it...:bonk:

I have noticed alittle drop in fuel economy. Not much though. With the CAI, exhuast and chip it was really really good before the lift. It still is really good.

I wasnt to sure how I would like the smoked tailights at first, but now I love them. It changes the whole look of the truck from behinde (IMO).

For the exhaust all I was talking about was the Res Delete. I love the sound of my TB now. Sounds really good a WOT! I guess the CAI ect..really help out to.

The intake was so easy and really isnt all that special. I just wasnt paying $300-$400 for a K&N. Mine is still in the works. Its on there but Im going to be changing the look of it.

As far as washing it goes... We need to out here in Alberta. Mclean creek mud is so bad for a Truck. It sucks all the moisture out of everything which then creates rust.(As Im sure you know) The good old wash bays under ground. 3 years ago I used to live in Shawnessy in the condos right behinde Canadian tire. The wash bay wasnt to bad, but I usually got complaints from washing the mud off my Quads lol.

The mirror I have on it right now has the plug in the back and its hooked up, but I think its only for the airbag light and the on star. I dont see alittle box in the corner for temp or compass. How much would you want for the mirror? Ill buy the $10 piece if you dont mind helping me do it?

My CAI only cost me $5. lol, Small piece of pvc at Home depot did the trick. It looks good and performs the same as a $400 intake.

Ya, you will have to see my taillights first. I still have half a can of VHT niteshades and clear coat.

I did the exhaust my self in 25 minutes. So easy to do. I bought a nice pipe at Crappy tire and an exhaust clamp. Its been on there almost since day 1 and I havent had a problem with it.

The heat has been killing me lol. The wife and I live in a townhouse and yesterday the temp was 26 inside:sadcry: 2 days ago I pulled the TB out on the drive way and used my pressure washer to really get at it. Pissed some neighbors off because of the noise, but oh well. It looked great for about an hour until I took it out on the highway. Now the front end is covered with mosquitos. I think the temp is supposed to be 29 today:cool:

We should get together and have a Mod day!

Ok the mirror thing sounds good to me! I would love to see the temp and compass in the mirror.

I think you talking about the MAF sensor? or the breather from the res. I used the stock pipe where the MAF plugs into because I didnt really feel like mucking that up lol. The breather into the pvc pipe was very easy to do. Drilled a hole in it, and used JB Weld for keeping the stem on. Looked good and did the job. Right now Im in the works of making a better looking one with the built in heat sheild. Should only cost maybe $15 tops. lol

I went straight the back with the exhaust. Ive seen it out to the side and really like the look of that to. But I heard that every bend in your pipe is a loss of horse power. Makes sense to me.

Im really wishing I had AC in the house lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.