Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Any Calgary TrailVoyers?

13K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  Trailboy1121 
Scan Tool

Another Calgary Trailblazer. Sure do see a lot of them around the city!

Anyone in Calgary have access to a GM Scan Tool for doing a Case relearn?
Got a PCM For Less tune and am a little nervous about going to the dealer and having them over-charge and/or re-flash my PCM.

I had South Auto Pro do mine a few years back for a case of beer.... just phoned them.... they want me to book in my vehicle and the whole nine. told the guy to go shove it. Still looking to see who else does it without charging a half hour of labor for what is literally a 2 min operation to complete.

Phone around and tell people you replaced your Crankshaft Angle Sensor, most people understand what you require after you tell them that
Yeah, I wish my mechanic had a GM Scan Tool. All he has is a code reader to see and clear codes.

Any chance somewhere like NAPA or Canadian Tire would have a Scan Tool and not charge a huge amount to do the relearn?

I wouldnt let Canadian Tire touch my TB even if they paid me. You could always call NAPA and ask them. Ill talk to my buddy at southgate and see if he can sneak you in. Southgates in the S.E. by Lake Sundance. Can you drive there if I can get him to sneak you in. It would be free...
Yeah, that would be great! I'd drive anywhere in Calgary. :D

Sounds good. Ill call him after work. Ill send you a PM with the time and date. Look forward to meeting you as well. Doesnt seem like any calgary Trailvoyers come on this site much... I see 5 TB's every day on the way to work. And there the same ones.
Sweet, thanks!

Yeah, I see a bunch going too and from work on the Deerfoot as well as in my neighborhood. There looks to be an Envoy on my street that took off the side mouldings but left his Envoy badges on.

Would love to see how your lift looks as I am trying to convince the wife that it would look better than stock. No luck so far. :no:

Ya it took me lots of convincing to get the wifey to "approve it". I get compliments on it every day. If you decide to do the lift Im more then happy to help you install it. Took me about 2.5 hours. Ive seen so many TB's and Voys with mods lately. Last week before the long weekend I had to renew my registration and parked front bumper to front bumper with another TB. Started walking away and looked back and couldnt believe how small my TB was before lol.
Haha, I bet. My TB is stock too, it'll look tiny next to yours. :eek:
How long have you had yours and how quickly did you do all your mods?

Ive had mine for 1 year and 4 months lol. Joined this site couple months ago and got the mod bug. Ive done all my mods in the last month and half.
Haha, wow. That is pretty quick! I've been trying to restrain myself so far. But I did do the minor Temperature Mirror and Cabin Air Filter mods.

Lifted, 32" tires, 1.5" wheel spacers
Notice much of a drop in fuel economy since you lifted and put the 32s on yours? I'm a little worried about making my TB super expensive to drive when all I usually do is tool around the city.

smoked the taillights
Not sure how I feel about the smoked taillights. Keep seeing them on a Neon in traffic on my way home from work.

exhaust(can help you with that to, about a $80 mod and so worth it!)
Which exhaust mod? Chopping the tin can off and putting on a stainless tip?

built my own intake
Love to see that CAI you built. Been considering doing the same to mine but haven't had the time or motivation.

The wifey is more pissed about the car wash bills then the mods ive been doing.
Haha, don't let the off-roaders hear you talk about washing your rig. :laugh:
I'm too cheap to pay for washing. I just use my condos crappy wash stall.

Lol, ya its been moving along at a good pace. Ive been wanting to do the mirror thing so bad, but Im not all that good with the electrical stuff. I read the "how to" and still dont get it...:bonk:
Fairly simple to do. Do you have the mirror? If not I have one, you'd just need the ambient temp sensor which is under $10 at the dealer.

I have noticed alittle drop in fuel economy. Not much though. With the CAI, exhuast and chip it was really really good before the lift. It still is really good.
Yeah, I have heard a CAI, tune and a better exhaust can help. Will be looking at doing that soon.

I wasnt to sure how I would like the smoked tailights at first, but now I love them. It changes the whole look of the truck from behinde (IMO).
Yeah, it would be nice to see how they look on a TB before I consider doing them myself.

For the exhaust all I was talking about was the Res Delete. I love the sound of my TB now. Sounds really good a WOT! I guess the CAI ect..really help out to.
Res Delete has been on my list of things to do. Did you have it done or did you buy the parts and do it yourself?

The intake was so easy and really isnt all that special. I just wasnt paying $300-$400 for a K&N. Mine is still in the works. Its on there but Im going to be changing the look of it.
True, kind of irritating to buy basically a piece of tube and a filter for several hundred.

As far as washing it goes... We need to out here in Alberta. Mclean creek mud is so bad for a Truck. It sucks all the moisture out of everything which then creates rust.(As Im sure you know) The good old wash bays under ground. 3 years ago I used to live in Shawnessy in the condos right behinde Canadian tire. The wash bay wasnt to bad, but I usually got complaints from washing the mud off my Quads lol.
True, I need to wash my TB. Gotten very lazy with this heat. Actually I was great about doing it during winter as I didn't want snow, ice and salt all over my TB. I should go wash it sometime this week.

The mirror I have on it right now has the plug in the back and its hooked up, but I think its only for the airbag light and the on star. I dont see alittle box in the corner for temp or compass. How much would you want for the mirror? Ill buy the $10 piece if you dont mind helping me do it?
Do you use your airbag light? The mirror I have doesn't have the indicator just temp and compass. Say $40 for the mirror? I'll give you the harness for the ambient sensor (grabbed 3 of them at Pick N Pull when the dealer wanted almost $40 for a standard freaking harness! :hissy:). For sure I can help you rig it up, I have some wire and connectors. Very satisfying to see the temp show up on the mirror after fiddling in the engine bay. :woot:

My CAI only cost me $5. lol, Small piece of pvc at Home depot did the trick. It looks good and performs the same as a $400 intake.
Nice, figured I would do something similar. Was it hard to put the flow sensor (or whatever the name is) in the pvc?

I did the exhaust my self in 25 minutes. So easy to do. I bought a nice pipe at Crappy tire and an exhaust clamp. Its been on there almost since day 1 and I havent had a problem with it.
Did you go stright out like the resonator or to the side? I'm thinking it might look good to have a stainless tip coming out the side behind the wheel.

The heat has been killing me lol. The wife and I live in a townhouse and yesterday the temp was 26 inside:sadcry: 2 days ago I pulled the TB out on the drive way and used my pressure washer to really get at it. Pissed some neighbors off because of the noise, but oh well. It looked great for about an hour until I took it out on the highway. Now the front end is covered with mosquitos. I think the temp is supposed to be 29 today:cool:

We should get together and have a Mod day!
Yeah, it has been harsh the past while. But I can't complain, at least it isn't raining. :)
Past couple days the temp my TB displays has been approaching 30 when it is sitting in the sun. Thank god for air conditioning in the TB! Wish I had it in the house...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.