Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Vortec 4200 with 130,000 miles.

I've been smelling Antifreeze emitting from the engine compartment when I exit the Envoy. I had the radiator flushed a month or so ago and it started after that. I decided to stop being lazy and opened the hood today and there seems to be a leak coming from the curved radiator hose where it connects at the radiator and from around the radiator cap. I opened the radiator cap and the Antifreeze is right at the top so that the cap threads, when closed, push the antifreeze up into the hollow section of the cap. Some of the excess antifreeze pushed out when I put the cap back on.

So, does the antifreeze level seem to be high in the radiator? Should I try to remove some of it to lower the level to just below the radiator cap? Could I have a faulty hose or radiator cap that need to be replaced? Is there possibly some other issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Could be the overflow to full?besides some of the other stuff You need to dry of and check it after that.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the overflow to full?besides some of the other stuff You need to dry of and check it after that.
The reservoir shows the antifreeze at the cold level and not higher. What else would I need to dry and check?

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Some people say the upper rad. hose neck cracks and also some people put Teflon tape on rad. cap neck treads too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts