Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And the engine was never started. If you can get fluid from heater core out of overflow tank or washer tank. Youbare amazing. OP. How about a smell of fluid on floor. Antifreeze has a dusting smell. Sweet fast too. A dab on tongue won’t kill you
AMAZING are your reading comprehension skills....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Msb304, pics always helps because the written English language can be confusing. For example by 'floor' I had earlier jumped to mean inside floor.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
70 Posts
Msb304, pics always helps because the written English language can be confusing. For example by 'floor' I had earlier jumped to mean inside floor.
Me too. Since my first thought was interior floor, it's human nature to 'skip' words you brain doesn't think it applies. I saw 'core' after that, and visually blew right by 'support'. Plus sometimes people aren't perfectly accurate with descriptions, so you don't know for sure if the description is right or wrong since we can't see what's being referred to. Just a misunderstanding.

·
Registered
555 Posts
D
Just bought an 06 Trailblazer. Got it home with no problems. Checked the cooling system overflow tank and it was dry. Opened radiator cap and it was full. With green antifreeze. Filled overflow to cold full mark with dexron orange. Did NOT run engine. I then checked the ww reservoir and filled with the orange RainX on top of the blue that I could see in there....
I spilled NONE of either fluids. The next morning there was a small amount of orange fluid on the DRIVERS side on the floor..."towards the front' like under the core support. Then the next morning there was a bit under the passenger side on the floor... I had NOT run the motor or used the washers at all....I cannot see anywhere it is coming out....I cannot figure out how either fluid got through the original green and blue fluids to the floor......ANY IDEAS before I begin tearing out the fan and radiator? I can't tell WHICH fluid it is due to BOTH BEING ORANGE.....OH.. and BOTH reservoirs are still full!
DO NOT MIX ORANGE COOLANT WITH GREEN COOLANT. You'll get a lot of what looks like dark brown mud throughout the cooling system.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
30 Posts
I'm hoping you don't have an issue with your TB. Maybe you just spilled a little bit while topping off your reservoirs... Like everyone else says, do NOT mix different color coolants!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts