Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to think of a anti theft idea for my 05 trailblazer...I was either going to use power to fuel pump relay and kill it there or was wondering if there is a rollover switch for the fuel pump and hook up in that circuit with a simple kill switch? Anyone done anything like this or where I can find wiring diagrams?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Given the data bus nature of the design, and a quick look through the shop manual, I suspect the air bag controller module is the sensor for bad things happening like rollovers, and it sends a data bus message to the PCM, which cuts off the fuel pump. Same way the Passlock security system cuts off fuel.

You're better off fiddling with the fuel pump relay power. More direct.

Have you read your Owner's Manual about the Passlock system? Not sure you need an extra fuel pump cutoff.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
A few options:
1. Switch the ignition circuit. Either by push button or by switch, you can interrupt the voltage to the run line.
2. Switch the Passlock. Cutting the passlock wire while the engine is off will prevent starting until it is reconnected. If someone tries to start the car, it will not and it will put the car into security lockup requiring a half hour security relearn process to start after reconnected. If you have to relearn, you know somebody tried jacking your car :D

There are a whole bunch of things you can switch or interrupt but the two above are by far the simplest. You just need to know where the switch is and then you can start it.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
You can disable the fuel pump by running it's ground wire thru a switch and back to ground. Ground is on the left side inline with the B-piller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts