Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry to ask another endless tire question but I have been searching on here awhile and have a question. I'm buying my second SS this week after I got rid of my first one to buy my wife a new car. I work for a GM dealer and got a pretty good deal. My dealer has to install new tires on it and said he would put the Goodyear RSA on it. I'm surley not a fan of this and he said that he would pay the first $500 of any tires that I want. I thought this would be a great time to upgrade to something better. It's an AWD 06 and I really don't plan on doing anything to the ride height and it seems that most upgrade to P275/45/R20. Compared to stock how do these look? I'm more concerned about the fit more so then the brand put give me any input that you guys have. Oh by the way I live near Charlotte, NC so winter driving is really nonexistient. Also if there is a different size that you suggest please let me know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I did my math correctly the P275/45/R20 will be .79" wider and the side wall height will be .67" shorter. Is the decrease noticeable? It seems the that a P275/55/R20 would be perfect since that increases the sidewall height .42" higher then the stock tire. Of course there is not as many choices that size but the Yokohama Parada is available. I just don't want the tire to be noticlebly smaller sisnce I don't plan on doing anything with the suspension. Thanks again for any input!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts