Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a day, started with springs (hence the dirty hands haha), now im trying to change out the ignition? Or lock cylinder? Im assuming its not the ignition switch because all i searched didnt help much. I took a pic, im trying to just replace the KEY part of the ignition? Along with the glove box, and driver door :-/ stuck here tho, how do i get this damn thing out, i see the tiny little clip that must be holding it on but i dont see how to depress it? Hopefully someone here has done this =[

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this little hole looks so perfect like it would perfectly depress that piece and slide right out, ive tried pushing in that hole in every key position pushing it in and out etc, im dumb founded, it just seems to line up so perfectly with the lil metal "clip" thing seen in pic one

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
top cover has a tiny hex bolt holding it in, 4mm socket.
They were quite the bitch to line up (im super anal) I didnt want ANY gap, so that alone took me about 15 damn minutes back and fourth with all the tiny clips.

anyway i assumed RUN was all the way over, not turning the car on..lol you need to take off the battery..
turn the key as far as it will go

THe glove box lock was kind of a PITA to get out too, luckily driver door was cake

I THINK someone stole my keys, and this was the only way i could sleep at night :-/ it sucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick Question.

My mom has a question about changing her glove box latch and was looking for instructions to do this i will be emailing her these instructions or be attempting to fix it for her when i go to see her this weekend. any help or replacing the key latch would be nice thank you in advance. PS i searched most of the forum on how to replace this before i contacted you. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts