Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My Name is Alfie and I own a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4wd 6cyl in black. I live in richmond where if there are fellow trailblazer / envoy guys around I have never seen them. But I am new to the site and I am in my research stage of modifying my tb.

I am going to try and do some simple mods but I already know almost everything I want to do to this thing. Here is my list, which will be followed my some questions maybe you guys can point me in the right direction from personal experiance or basic knowledge.

I want to get 22" TBSS replica wheels in black. I see that 265/40/22 is a popular tire so I am debating on my suspension next. I looked at the Ground force lowering spring set and that looks like a popular/common setup used. My first question with that is how do you like the setup? Should there be any issues that will follow with a simple lowering kit? I know that struts/shocks will need to be changed out with OEM being lowered on or compressed down.
Next choice would be for spacers to bring the wheels out to be flushed with fender wells.

Is there anything else you guys can recommend me "read up" on as far anything else along with just lowering the truck with just springs and struts/shocks? Any advice would help. I was up til almost 2am just reading up on the forum so I can have everything setup correctly.

Any advice would be appreciated since you guys have been through it all. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Welcome to the site.....depends on what route you want to go with......I have the ground force setup and don't seem to mind it.....if I know I would've went with the 2/3 drop...got my GF springs at a local shop.....if you want to do suspension do it the right way....fill out your user cp so we know your ride and we can try to help you out!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site.....depends on what route you want to go with......I have the ground force setup and don't seem to mind it.....if I know I would've went with the 2/3 drop...got my GF springs at a local shop.....if you want to do suspension do it the right way....fill out your user cp so we know your ride and we can try to help you out!!

Haha yea that would help wouldn't it? I do want to do the suspension the right way. I have seen a couple of different setups for lowering but I want everything to sit right as far as having the 22" replica TBSS wheels in black, adding spacers to sit more flush with the fenders, and a somewhat comfortable ride.

I was curious if you ran into any problems with the GF springs or not. Im still in the research process.

Also, with you having a 4x4, (again, this is the first 4x4 i have ever lowered) did/ do you run into any problems lowering it that maybe a 2wd would not encounter? Sorry for all the newb questions.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
hey...thats what are here for....no problems with the GF springs....no problems just wished they were sitting lower...LOL...but like I said if you want to lower it do it the proper way.......I know that on a couple of threads that the DJM Belltech 2/3 and GF 1.3/3 will work with the 4wd......if you want to lower it do it the proper way....here are the parts that you would need...

-DJM upper control arms
-Panhard suicide bar
-SS struts on front and SS or bell tech's(shocks)in rear
-2/3 belltech kit or GF 1.3/3

Having all these items will prevent ball joint stress and camber problems.......if you are going to spend money on suspension do it the proper way........Good luck man!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey...thats what are here for....no problems with the GF springs....no problems just wished they were sitting lower...LOL...but like I said if you want to lower it do it the proper way.......I know that on a couple of threads that the DJM Belltech 2/3 and GF 1.3/3 will work with the 4wd......if you want to lower it do it the proper way....here are the parts that you would need...

-DJM upper control arms
-Panhard suicide bar
-SS struts on front and SS or bell tech's(shocks)in rear
-2/3 belltech kit or GF 1.3/3

Having all these items will prevent ball joint stress and camber problems.......if you are going to spend money on suspension do it the proper way........Good luck man!! :thumbsup:

That is exactly what I was looking for. That list of parts to read up on. I remember reading about the panhard suicide bar somewhere. But YES!!! I was looking for all those referrals. Belltech kit was another setup I was reading into about a full kit done right, and the control arms as well.
Any recommended sites to buy from? I know ebay is great and all but I would rather order from a real website then an auction. That helps alot. Thanks :thumbsup::thx

:woohoo:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!! Djm control arms are looking like the way to go with the gf springs or the belltech kit. I still need to do more reading and research. Good stuff though.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
Welcome to the Site!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts