Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are alot of topics about this, but I havnt been able to find one for the 2005 TB EXT.

My fiance had been using her a/c for a while now this spring. All of a sudden one day, it was only cold if we were driving (and still not really cold), then the next day is was blowing warm air... Yesterday I looked at the compressor, and it was not spinning.. So today I checked the pressure (yes one of the auto part store kits), and it was reading 5psi. So I put in one can of refrigerant. It raised the pressure to 25psi (probablly between 70-75 degreed outside).. I decided to get another can. .Drove to the store, checked it before I bought the can, and it was at 35psi, so I figured Id leave it... Once I started to put in the first can of refrigerant, the compressor kicked on and off twice, then stayed on steadilly. the air was a little cooler, but not much, and if you werent moving, it was warm..... Any ideas as to what could be wrong.. could I just need an evac & charge?

Thanks for all the help in advance, and sorry for the one millionth a/c topic.. Just couldnt find an answer for an 05 tb

**EDIT*** NOt sure if this helps, but when I feel the condensor (i think... the silver canister next to the coolant res.) it is warm... I always thought it should be cold when the a/c is running

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
A/C issues

Welcome to TrailVoy! Please fill out your Profile on your TV so everyone has a better idea about that. Oh that silver looking thing is sometimes called accumulator .If the A/C is running : the Compressor Clutch is working ;the accumulator should be cold .
Welcome Aboard
Springbuck:tiphat

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to TrailVoy! Please fill out your Profile on your TV so everyone has a better idea about that. Oh that silver looking thing is sometimes called accumulator .If the A/C is running : the Compressor Clutch is working ;the accumulator should be cold .
Welcome Aboard
Springbuck:tiphat
All filled out now.. Thanks...

With the A/C running, the compessor clutch is spinning.. The "accumulator", never got cold, it was actually quite warm, but by the time I felt it, it was closer to 80 degrees outside, so that could be where the heat was from, but it was by no means cold.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
Nice job on the profile.

With the A/C running, the compessor clutch is spinning.. The "accumulator", never got cold, it was actually quite warm, but by the time I felt it, it was closer to 80 degrees outside, so that could be where the heat was from, but it was by no means cold.[/QUOTE]

Well if you had been loosing pressure then probable leaking.You'll need to have a shop use a sniffing tool to sort out to start or they also use a dye with ulta-violet lamp.Hope this Helps.
Springbuck:undecided

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Thread moved.:cool:

If you had no pressure in the system, it leaked out somewhere. You will need to have the leak found and repaired. Every one I have ever seen has been a failed seal in the compressor, so don't be surprised if they want to replace the compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts