Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 EXT and it has about 67k miles... the AC makes an annoying clicking sound that only changes based on the fan setting.... higher the fan setting the more intense/loud the clicks get.

Is this the blower motor going bad? Otherwise the AC works fine as long as Im not idling too long - i.e. waiting, parked outside a store for my wife or at a really really long light.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sounds like you may have dropped something down the defroster vents that got hung up in the blower. Now I have to tell you what I found one time. Roadie made mention of this the other day and I just laughed because I know it can happen because it happened to me.

My wife's car would make a horrible sound when she turned the fan up. The higher the speed the worst the sound and it wouldn't hardly blow any air. There was just a plastic mesh covering the air outlet from the blower so I broke it out and reached up in there. I could feel something in the fan and after a few minutes I was able to grab hold of it and pull it out of the blower cage. It was a dead mouse. Talking about freaking me out. I guess he had crawled up in the car and got trapped in there and died. True story.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the reduced AC performance at idle was improved in 2005 by new software the dealer can flash into your PCM. Unless your dealer is a ripoff, they should do this for a half hour labor charge only.

Awesome - thanks for the heads up... I'll take my wifes 04 and my 03 soon for this. the local dealer I have a relationship with should be ok now --- they were noticably upset after we battled back and forth about 2 years ago over whether or not I was going to pay them to rebuild/replace my wifes transmission.... GM stepped in and sided with me so they were really pissed and had to do the work and all I paid 'em was like 80 bucks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a dead mouse. Talking about freaking me out. I guess he had crawled up in the car and got trapped in there and died.
WHAT?!?! -- holy crap... I can see you know freaking out and practically falling down tryin to get it out of your hand!!!

Sad story from the mouses perspective (not trying to get all "PETA" -- but think about it, your a mouse, just crawlin' around wigglin your little mouse wiskers.... then - "hey, this looks comfy..." then BLAM -- you're stuck in solitary, playin your little mouse harmonica wishin you never would have gone in there.

Thanks for the reply....

guess I'll start searchin' to see precisely where I start diggin in --hopefully its not going to involve removing dashboard, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.