Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a new post about tire size everytime I come back to the forum and to be honest the sticky we have on tire sizes BLOWS way to much fluff and wasted space in there. I made this on excel, i can easily add to it so post if you know of something else that works and ill add it to the chart.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
I was confused at first, I thought your chart was saying what you needed to fit those sizes, but instead its showing what suspension setups those sizes will work on.

You may be able to better organize it by tire OD. Subtracting 5 from the aspect ratio is kinda cheating.

I just like to give size ranges... ex: less than 30.5" will fit stock. Anything over 30.5" will require less than 5" backspacing or wheel-hub spacers... etc.

You are right though... the old tire chart is kinda out of date.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem with listing actual diameters is that then youll get the questions, "what about a 265/70/16" when it says right on there 30.5" but people do not know how to convert tire sizes or even google a converter that will do it for them. Also width of the tire is a huge factor since our stupid ball joint always seems to be in the way. If you use spacers to clear it then you change the swing of the tire and may need to trim the bumper.

http://s-series.org/htm/calc/tiresizeconv.htm theres a good converter, If you have a question about a tire size use that to compare it to your oddball size that is not on the chart. If its within a 1/10th it should still fit.

Tirerack also gives detailed specs on tires including actual diameters, The nominal sizes can vary about 3/4" on some tires.

The chart is just info that I have gathered from reading the forums, sifting thru the fluff and finding picture proof of sizes that actually work. Again any additions are welcome, as long as you have photographic proof that the tire fits on your truck, any trimming you had to do, and what the ball joint clearance is.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
I was confused at first, I thought your chart was saying what you needed to fit those sizes, but instead its showing what suspension setups those sizes will work on.

You may be able to better organize it by tire OD. Subtracting 5 from the aspect ratio is kinda cheating.

I just like to give size ranges... ex: less than 30.5" will fit stock. Anything over 30.5" will require less than 5" backspacing or wheel-hub spacers... etc.

You are right though... the old tire chart is kinda out of date.

:iagree:The old thread is kind of dead. LOTS of sifting needs to be done. I would also like to add that the calculator on discounttiredirect.com is the best I've seen because it gives you a detailed comparison of the tire being run and the one wanted and the difference between the two. Here's a link.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/info/tmpinfoTireMath.jsp

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
162 Posts
I don't know why it fits and I don't know how, but I have 255/70-17 Hankook ATm's that fit with no rubbing. For details, see my thread. I don't have any measurements or scientific data, but for those looking at new shoes, these will most likely fit. Just have the tire shop do a test fit first.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got an email from a member, asking if I still had the excel file for this chart, I do not sorry guys. I thought I still had it but after sifting through my documents it is no longer there.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
I just want to confirm will I need a lift to fit 265/70/16 and 1.3 adapters. I do have a 2.5 full lift with z71 springs. Im just waiting on my shocks and struts to put in my lift kit. The reason why Im asking is because I need tires bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts