Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lookup on Amsoil's site for the proper ATF for my tranny and their cross reference showed nothing compatible, so I emailed them and they said that their new ATL tranny fluid is the only compatible product for our tranny.

Anyone know when this changed? I almost bought 14 quarts this weekend - I'm glad I didn't.....I guess.....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
59 Posts
I don't know why the universal wouldn't work, it has the H spec ???

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL AMSOIL Synthetic Universal ATF is recommended for transmissions, hydraulics, power steering and other applications requiring any of the following specifications:

(From Amsoil site)
• GM DEXRON® III-H
• Ford MERCON® & MERCON V
• Chrysler ATF+4®
• Toyota Type T-III and T-IV
• Honda Z-1 (Not CVT)
• Diamond SP II & III (Mitsubishi/Hyundai/Kia)
• Mazda ATF-III, ATF-MV
• Subaru ATF
• Nissan Matic D, J & K
• Idemitsu K-17
• BMW LA2634
• LT 71141
• Audi G-052-025-A2 & G-052-162-A1
• Volvo 97340
• MB 236.1, 236.2, 236.5, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9 & 236.10
• JWS 3309
• NAG 1
• ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B & N402
• Voith 55.6335.XX (G607, G1363)
• ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A, 14B, 14C, 16L, 17C
• Allison C-4, TES 389

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
59 Posts
Sorry, I see the year difference now :eek:

03s use III and 06s use VI , which is Low-Viscosity :weird:

(From Amsoil site)
APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Synthetic Low-Viscosity Automatic Transmission Fluid is recommended for automatic transmissions and other applications requiring DEXRON® VI, MERCON® LV, SP or Toyota WS.

AMSOIL Synthetic Low-Viscosity Automatic Transmission Fluid is backward compatible and replaces DEXRON® III fluids in older GM automatic transmissions. (DEXRON® VI specification supersedes the obsolete DEXRON® III in GM vehicles.)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
The switch to Dex VI was made backwards compatible. So even for the 02's and up, go to Dex VI. The multi viscosity fluids are Ok, But a specific spec fluid is what I prefer. I know RedLine D6 is one, and possibly Royal Purple.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
413 Posts
My neighbor owns a Cottman Transmission franchise and more than once he has told me that their technical people in corporate DO NOT recommend synthetic fluid for our transmissions. They only recommend the GM DEX. I've asked why and he says "That's all they say and I trust them". I run full synthetic everywhere BUT in the tranny. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts