Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here running the Amsoil nanofiber air filter EAA204 stock replacement air filter? If so do you like it? I have been debating on the K&N or the stock AC Delco I am running now. I just dont want to run an oiled filter and risking my maf.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its going to be mine also. I pulled out the K&N and didnt really notice a difference a while back and I am running the AC Delco. One of the guys at my work has gone thru 3 mafs on his stock '02 Camaro SS except it has the SLP lid and K&N filter. He finally instead of just replacing them he took it to my mechanic that checked wires and finally looked at the sensors and they had a light film. Cleaned the last one and he was good to go. I also went thru quite a few at $300 a pop before I went with the speed density setup. Sorry for the long post but I am going to order it today!!!

·
Registered
2007 gmc
159 Posts
AMSoil makes good filters. Have put in the OEM replacements and also have dry filter replacements for the K&N and AEM filters. Still need to find time to work on my custom intake for my truck. Stock box, K&N tube and AMSoil filter.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
I think its going to be mine also. I pulled out the K&N and didnt really notice a difference a while back and I am running the AC Delco. One of the guys at my work has gone thru 3 mafs on his stock '02 Camaro SS except it has the SLP lid and K&N filter. He finally instead of just replacing them he took it to my mechanic that checked wires and finally looked at the sensors and they had a light film. Cleaned the last one and he was good to go. I also went thru quite a few at $300 a pop before I went with the speed density setup. Sorry for the long post but I am going to order it today!!!
bro ur gona love the filter!! if u were in canada i would get ya one at a discounted price. i think my pat# is 3564 or something like that. and it has an opening on the top with filter element on it too unlike most k&n filters that have a cap.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, after reading their website, I figured this would be the one. I think I will sign up for the membership for the dis**** cause I might try their oil also.:D

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
63 Posts
Dropped an EAA204 in my '08 Envoy in October. Haven't had a chance to go on my "test trip" to see how things are. Have been using 5W30 and extending the drain and the Severe Gear in the differentials. With the differential grease it seems smoother than the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool let us know how she runs. I am goig to do the rear diff next after the oil change and will probably go with that also.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered the filter for just now and will do the oil and diff. next week when I get paid. Will let you know when I get it installed.:D

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it today and put it on at lunch time and I definately like it. I cant tell if it was the cooler air tonight but she did have better throttle response. Definately a thumbs up on it including the quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
423 Posts
Got it today and put it on at lunch time and I definately like it. I cant tell if it was the cooler air tonight but she did have better throttle response. Definately a thumbs up on it including the quality. :thumbsup:
Sweet bro! glad to hear ya like it. and the quality, man its just way better then some of those other filters out there you see under the hoods of hondas, and ome with cheap ebay intake kits.

and the best thing is to clean it, just take it off and shake it, or vacume it, or blow air through it. soo easy. i do mine every now and then just to make sure its always nice and clean. i have about 50,000kms on my filter and it still looks great, and performs like it should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.