Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a custom enclosure that I can put my 10 inch powered sub on and put two 6x9's in it powered by a 200 watt amp. Would I be able to put the amp inside the enclosure or would that cause it to overheat?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if the back is open? It's pretty small so I doubt it can generate much heat. Since I'm only installing 6x9's I don't think it has to be sealed, does it?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a shallow mount powered sub so I want to mount that on the outside of the box I'm building and then put the 6x9's in it. If I could I would like to conceal the amp in the box. I would like to spare as much cargo area as I can.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I'd like to do but if I can't then I can't. I just want cleaners sound from the back.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,554 Posts
i wouldn't put the amp "in" the box, trust me. its a bad idea. if you dint believe me, go to an audio shop and tell them, they will tell you the same thing.

as for the 6x9s, in my opinion thats a bad idea too. i don't know what your audio situation is, but get some 6.5's for the doors, amp them, and maybe a new head unit.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have OnStar so the stereo replacement isn't the best idea and my doors already have some rattle to them so I would like to keep it away from that.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
i wouldn't put the amp "in" the box, trust me. its a bad idea. if you dint believe me, go to an audio shop and tell them, they will tell you the same thing.

as for the 6x9s, in my opinion thats a bad idea too. i don't know what your audio situation is, but get some 6.5's for the doors, amp them, and maybe a new head unit.
I agree with all of this

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I decided I'm going to mount a 4 channel amp on the backside of the box and connect that two 4 6.5 speakers. This way I don't get rattle like I do from my door and still get the same quality.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The plastic rattling together, I can hold it and it will neutralize the rattle.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mock up I made of Styrofoam.

The first is just markings and in the second the Willcopy box represents the powered sub... Basically showing the depth.

And my rear left is the only one that really rattles. The power unlock and door switch trim rattles a little too so I super-glued it and solved the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will consider that but I wanted to put something in the back other than my powered sub and I don't want just pure bass back there.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.